• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CooKieS

Hi there,

Just settled this scape today for an Friend, though it was an good Idea to create an journal :)

He's an beginner so nothing too fancy here, just an kinda iwagumi setup full of easy plants. ;)

Tech:

60x40x40cm, optiwhite rimless tank, 96liters
Twinstar e600 led
JBL e901 filter
Stainless Steel pipes with skimmer intake
CO2 pressurised with CO2 art regulator and bazooka diffuser.
Chihiros doctor v4

Hardscape :

Dragon stone
Tropica soil
Pouzzolane

Plants:

Micranthemum Monte Carlo
Eleocharis SP mini
Marsilea hirsuta
Hygrophyla araguya
Rotala SP (h'ra,.wallichii and orange juice)
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Bucephalandra SP red

kb1o9.jpg

VG4K7.jpg

ab5nk.jpg

I'll keep it updated as soon as I Can
Cheers

Looks good :thumbup:
what make are the stainless steel pipes and what is the background you have used?

Thanks , the pipes are from Chihiros, lovely skimmer intake I have to Say, looking to buy the same for my tank. :)
The background: simply two Ada sheets (Ada foggy + Ada screen light sheet from Aquasabi) together , note this only works nicely when the tank is in front of a white wall like here.

Not a dragonstone fan but admire what others can do with it :D

Thanks, not an huge fan of these too but I've learn they can be fine when you have an huge selection of 30kg to play with. :p

Dragonstone combined with all those reddish stem plants will create some really nice warm colours! Nicely done!

Looks great looking forward to updates.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I really like this scape. The more it grows in the better it looks. I'm considering setting up a 45cm cube and right now plan to use yours as inspiration for that

Really nice scape. :)

My only suggestion would be to move the outlet next to the inlet. That jet is gonna rip through the stems at the back where it currently is.

When they do grow up (and they’ll struggle), you’ll have problems blasting the co2 around if that makes sense.

It's started to grow in well :)

Yeah Tim, easy tank for now, high plant mass in the beginning and using old tropica soil from an previous setup really helps to avoid algae bloom. :)

I really like this scape. The more it grows in the better it looks. I'm considering setting up a 45cm cube and right now plan to use yours as inspiration for that

Thanks, glad I could help you. :)

What's your plans for livestock?

Don't know yet, would love some tucanoichtys tucano or maybe another rare small Tetra, we'll see! ;)

Really nice scape. :)

My only suggestion would be to move the outlet next to the inlet. That jet is gonna rip through the stems at the back where it currently is.

When they do grow up (and they’ll struggle), you’ll have problems blasting the co2 around if that makes sense.

It makes sense, thanks for the tip, I think my Friend will replace it with a Lily pipe. :cool:

Back