• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

6ft tank, acrylc manufacturers, who/where?

Ha ha. Reply by saying you'll go and pick up the feebie lol.
Even if Neptune's is a highly recommended company that is still unprofessional to be providing emails that are meant solely for the recipient. I wont say anymore though as I think its against forum rules to name and shame companies etc.

Reviews online of fista seem good although ive still not had a quote despite 3 emails sent.

Had one from Neptune's though and I nearly smashed my jaw on the floor. £4,400 :eek:

Ha ha. Reply by saying you'll go and pick up the feebie lol.

Even if Neptune's is a highly recommended company that is still unprofessional to be providing emails that are meant solely for the recipient. I wont say anymore though as I think its against forum rules to name and shame companies etc.

oh did not know that, I have removed the posts in case, did not wish to break rules etc.

David at fistafiltration is a great guy to deal with and a very good tank builder and I recommend him highly he is a sponsor and member of a reefing forum i am a regular on and I don't think you will be disappointed with the build quality :)

I think fista is so mich cheaper as david works on his own and im not sure if he still does but he used to work from home so he had very low overheads

There is/was another in the Birmingham area, but this company took too long to respond to queries. I actually got to speak to the owner, he seemed nice, but then never answered my emails again. So I wont recommend that one otherwise you may never get a tank.
yep image plastics in birmingham but they dont reply and telephone number on the website isnt in use

I dont get the price you were quoted Alistair, perhaps it is to do with it being a square? Maybe they need to use thicker acrylic. The other thing affecting price is sheet size, i.e. do they have to cut more sheets because of the dimensions? Anyhow it is worth going back to him to get more information.

I dont get the price you were quoted Alistair, perhaps it is to do with it being a square? Maybe they need to use thicker acrylic. The other thing affecting price is sheet size, i.e. do they have to cut more sheets because of the dimensions? Anyhow it is worth going back to him to get more information.

Have done so mate. I definitely think something was amiss with the quote. Will wait and see

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

It might be feasible to import an acrylic one piece design for America if you start talking in the thousands?
There was a four foot circle for sale on EBay that I linked a few years back, it had been imported from the states & it sold for just a few hundred £

What thickness Acrylic are Fista pricing the quote on? Neptunes will be based on 15mm for a normal braced tank. Braceless will be a lot thicker, not sure on Euro bracing.

20mm thickness mate and its an extra 35 for euro bracing from fista.

Neptunes didnt state thickness.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Back