• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

70 Gallon Buce tank

Is propagation of bucephalandra similar to anubias?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

How would you measure that?

Take a cooking measuring cup, invert under water, remove all the air, then take the CO2 line and bubble the gas into the inverted container. Measure the total volume of gas collected after say 300 sec/5min.

This is golden, it will be the same standardized measure no matter WHAT, for anyone, anywhere and you can convert to mls/sec or min or 5 min or 1 hour or estimate how long the gas tank will last for you aquarium.
You cannot do this for bubbles per second. It's also very simple and FREE. If you make any changes to the CO2 system, replace or upgrade, resetting the flow rate is VERY easy using this method and is far better than per sec.

Take a cooking measuring cup, invert under water, remove all the air, then take the CO2 line and bubble the gas into the inverted container. Measure the total volume of gas collected after say 300 sec/5min.

This is golden, it will be the same standardized measure no matter WHAT, for anyone, anywhere and you can convert to mls/sec or min or 5 min or 1 hour or estimate how long the gas tank will last for you aquarium.
You cannot do this for bubbles per second. It's also very simple and FREE. If you make any changes to the CO2 system, replace or upgrade, resetting the flow rate is VERY easy using this method and is far better than per sec.

Excellent tip sir! Thanks :D

What kind of filter are you using? I've never seen one like that

BTW, nice collection of bucephalandra there :)

Wow 6 months has been very good to this one :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, new to this forum. I'm from California and about 6 months into the aquascaping culture. Of course, I'm infatuated with it at this point. I ran across a thread where someone was selling Buce. Still kinda hard to come by here, so very little information is available.

I'm about to put together an all Buce and moss tank. 22g Long Mr. Aqua. with a 6500k-756 Lumens Plant LED, fluval stratum, and Seiryu Stones. I can definitely throw in line co2, and will be dosing with GreenLeafAquarium PPS-Pro Fertilizer Package.

This will be my first time using Buce, but look forward to having my tank look as awesome as the OP's. Any tips, guides or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

My only advice is to try and see. From my point of view it's a big myth that Bucephalandra is a difficult plant.
I agree. The difficulty is to keep off GSA while giving them medium light.

Back