• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

70 watt halide over 60cm

nayr88

hi im currently running hagen glo light unit over my 60x35x30cm 2x24w, flow is an eheim 2224 with spraybar and soon to be using ada ferts currently ferka products and easy carbo, diy co2 but back to pressurized once i order another bottle :rolleyes:

right dont know how helpfull that information is but id rather give you all the details haha

back to the question theres a 70 watt halide for sale for £20 near my sister, its not on that can be suspended id have to build it into something, ive seen people using 150w halides but not really 70, are they a waste of time or should i snap it up?

I've been thinking about this and I know and an answer like this will pop up,

More light means more co2 and fert meaning more flow, so its not just 20 for the light, I'd also have to up my flow so either another filter or internal pump, also replace co2 bottle more often and go through ferts quicker. Plus the trimming.

There's a good balance in the tank atm, and its my 1st scape think ill just play it cool.

Golly gee whiz..I'm glad someone is paying attention..I'm loving the way you think mate! 8)

Cheers,

:lol: golly gee wizz ! I saved myself from my self haha

I'd be interested in knowing what the PAR value of a 70w halide is, would it be safe to assume it's similar to that of a 150w one? £20 strikes me as an absolute bargain.

Hey garuf, don't quite understand PAR value's lol but it comes with a brand new 1400k bulb.
I'm half tempted to get it and save it for another time. That's unless you live in Lincolnshire(spelling) and want it I can pm you the link?

Back