• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

700 litre - Boesemani-Stan. 😁

sanj

Its new, but nothing new really.

I have had this tank since April 2011 and ive been waiting ever since for the damn stand to be built. Hey ho.

I am pretty tired getting this all set up over the last couple of days, so this will be a shortish post.

I thought id post a few pics, it is no amazing aquascape, but i always like to see new journals on here so maybe others do too.

First and foremost this is to be a planted home for a sub set of the rainbowfish I keep. No biotope, the fish dont care, just plants that I thought might be nice.

So quick tech run down:

The tank is acrylic. I find that in large tanks this material beats glass on many fronts.
dimensions: 115 x 82 x 75 ( i seem to like weird tank dimensions :)).

Lighting: LED lighting (Pacific Sun Metis).
Filtration: Eheim 2180
Circulation: Vortech MP10 ( maybe add another when I can afford it)
substrate: ADA Amazonia, dennerle and unipac black sand/gravel, tropica.
CO2: injection via TMC1500 diffuser
UV: Vectron 600
Hardscape: Tom's wood and boulders/pebbles.

Anyway...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Ok, good night. :)

I really like the rock-work sanj and the wood placement looks great too. :)
This will be a nice journal for sure. Hope ye planning on changing the green pipes.

Cheers,
Mike

Looks really nice Sanj,
great tank dimensions and a perfect fit for the space, i know you said yove been waiting for the stand to be built, but was the tank custom made for that position....or just really lucky?
Fairly unusual rock choice, but very effective with the wood.
Cheerio,
Ady.

looking good, a crackin' start. which plants next?

I wasn't sure when i saw the first pic with just the rocks/boulders in but once the wood was added... it compliments it all completely... really looking forward to watching this grow in... really nice job mate :thumbup:

May have missed it but whats the planned plant list?

Thanks all,

yes those green intakes... why do Eheim stick with these? But yes, i think I would like to change them to smokey or black. Any suggestions? It was a pain getting those down the very small gap between the braces.

I agree Jen, I was feeling a bit unsure when the rocks went in first, but I had a rough idea for a while how it would end up looking with the branches in. The manzanita certainly is a nice wood and many thanks to Tom for making the effort to supply all us hobbyists around the world. I think I bought this batch last Summer.

Plants:

Needle leaf Java fern
Trident leaf java fern
Cryptocoryne retrospiralis
Cryptocoryne tonkinensis
Hygro. "Araguia"
Hygro. pinnafitada
Juncus repens
Lileopsis braziliensis
Lileopsis mauritania
Hydrocotyle sp. "Japan"
Echinodorus tennelus
E. latifolius
E. Rubin "narrow leaf"

Rather cosmopolitan, a lot of the plants have been waiting around in holding tanks for months, this was supposed to be set up last August.

Ady, it was purpose built. I have a longer leesh than some guys on here, but there are limits and this one was allowed to be placed in the hall. So I planned it to be a large as possible and practical for the space. lol

Actually I am very fortunate, I can set up a mini breeding room under the stairs as opposed to being relegated to a shed outside. My hobby has not caused any domestic wars yet.

I am still fiddling around with bits of equipment, drop checkers at either end of the tank are mid green so not too bad.

I have not tested any water parameters, no doubt there will be ammonia in there, I am guessing first fish will enter in about 3-4 weeks(?)

So now I guess the plants have got to adjust and hopefully Ill see some growth over the next few weeks.

I would be afraid of kids throwing in coins from the stairs thinking its a wishing well :lol:

Like JenCliBee, I wasn't so sure about the rounded stones and pebbles too but it looks great with the wood and plants. It's got a riverbank look.

Lovely tank!

sanj said:
... Actually I am very fortunate, I can set up a mini breeding room under the stairs as opposed to being relegated to a shed outside. My hobby has not caused any domestic wars yet...

Only minor skirmishes here thus far ;)

Ok the thing about this one is that, im not entirely happy with it, but then i guess thats always the case.

I had this issue, Hydrocotyle sp. Japan took over the entire substrate, smothered the E.tenelus and other ground cover plants. I tried to clean it up a bit, but end pulling all the Hydrocotyle up in anger which was tangled in all the other plants, result = a very big mess and brown cloudy tank.

It is settlling in a bit, back to chain swords (red and green varieties) and lileopsis. substrate about not fully covered yet, but getting there.

Back