• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

70L scapers tank

Slow grow I've been dosing 6ml per day for the last week but I might up it to 7ml from today

I did try plant some tropica root tabs but didn't have much luck with getting them into the soil lol half were broken and half wouldn't Bury but either way they are in there 😅
20221210_213739.jpg

All trimmed back! Alot has been replanted. I will be changing the fertiliser aswell when this runs out, I feel like it's struggled since using TNC and lost another of colour and very slow growth even with 8ml per day

the surface skimmer is too powerful aswell anything that swims infront of it get blasted so I'd like to change that back to a glass skimmer.

See what growth I get in the next few weeks
20221222_160045.jpg

I've been having slow growth since November and was starting to see an increase in BBA and defiencies in the leaves

Ive added tropica root tabs in all areas apart from in the monte carlo

C02 was a bit too yellow so has been adjusted

I have switched over to apt complete as i didnt like TNC Complete, less colour and it seems like water, i think tropica specialized was much better. I was going to do my own mix but looking round for ingredients wasn't worth the hassle as not all in stock.

I've replaced the skimmer with an oases crystal clear 350

I've stirred up the subrate to clear up as much detritus as I can and hopefully gives the tank a reset!

Nitrates tested this morning between 5-10ppm

20230105_214154.jpg
20230106_204748.jpg

20230106_103718.jpg

I love the delicacy of your tank, I need to move away from great thumping lumps of bogwood sucking in all the light.
Thanks yes it gives it a lot more detail! These were bigger pieces when I got them but decided to cut them down. I get what your saying with the lights I've adjusted this many times for blocking light

FZONE intake pipe fitted today. I'm happy with it simple and reasonable price.

don't recommend the oase crystal clear skim that much so far though, I've moved it today so I'll give an update but I wouldn't call it crystal clear. Build up of bubbles/c02 bubbles on the surface but never had that problem before with a cheap allpondsolutions skimmer and almost 4 times the cost. Any oase product I've had had been a waste of money

Ive used APT fix on the algea and looks to be having an effect but only the 2nd day
20230107_163337.jpg

20230107_171754.jpg

Getting on top of the BBA now! I've cut the background plants as it was full of it. I was getting new growth but just didn't look great so its had a reset. After adding root tabs and using the apt complete I've had much better results. The scape isn't anywhere near where I want it. Took plenty of steps back but it's on a good track now
20230112_145650.jpg
20230112_145835.jpg

Attachments

• 20230112_145659.jpg
    20230112_145659.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
Great job on the tank and getting on top of that BBA! Oh, I see the Crystals are still hanging in there! 👍

Cheers,
Michael

Great job on the tank and getting on top of that BBA! Oh, I see the Crystals are still hanging in there! 👍

Cheers,
Michael
Thanks! I've had to cut more than I wanted back but main thing is there's a big difference in the new growth

The crystals are doing well. I have seen the odd tiny baby about but weather they are still in there I'm not sure. I'm at roughly 7-8 older ones now, I lost 1 or 2 of the main adults which was from climbing out surprisingly so once they are all up to size I think I'll be having some more babies

I felt like rescaping soon but I've got a feeling it's going to make a comeback! The rotala background was trimmed again and it's seems to have triggers faster growth this time, carpet trimmed all looks neat and tidy, it's lost colour but I think this is all a battle with BBA which I think was having an effect, something wasn't right!

I'm using TNC again so there is no shortage of any nutrients in the water and also seachem iron
_DSC0030.JPG

_DSC0003.JPG

This is the end for this scape and on to the next!

I was very happy with this one. All lessons learned with be taken into the next.

This one was growing back alot healthier but im ready to try another scape with more hardscape.

Some plants will be reused but I've got plenty of new ones and hardscape ready

20230201_154620.jpg

20230201_171015.jpg

Back