• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

70l tank advice please

fishkeeper

with me shutting down my marine tank, i am looking to start up a new planted tank for my bedroom. I am thinking of getting a clearseal 70l tank as they are cheap and affordable and i already have a stand so thats less cost. What filter would be reccommended? as i havent no room for an external, an internal is the only filter i can have.

From my marine setup i have an arcadia 4x24watt t5 HO luminaire, what tubes could i put into this to have a nice tank?

For co2, as i cant afford pressurised, i will be having DIY. On my juwel rio 125, i have one DIY setup and its fine. Will this be ample?

As i prefer the jungle look to my tank, with amazon sword plants and the like, what decor would you say would be best?

Now it comes to stocking, i wouldnt mind a shoal of galaxy rasboras, some cories and a pair of rams...

For my substrate, im having good results with the tetra plant, is there anything better than this that comes at an affordable price? i might be having argos playsand on top of this aswell

lastly, what plants would be good for this type of setup?

Does this sound alright?

Thanks

Will

aim for a turnover of around 10x, although this may be hard with an internal? i dont know, the only internal i have ever had was a fluval 2+ which worked fine for me, they have now brought out a new filter called the U series.

Get some tubes that show the colours of fish and plants naturally, here are some cheap tubes: http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs- ... cent-Tubes

i would go with 2, then you can change the mixture mid week, then in the other bottle, change it at the weekend so you have a constant supply of CO2.

Jungle layouts go best with wood IMO.

Tetraplant is fine, it is dead chaep from here: http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/tet ... 1055-p.asp

Back