• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

72l planted High Tech tank

Rasmusm

Hello

I just wanted to show my 3 week old tank.

Tank is 60cm x 40cm x 30cm high

Im running an Eheim Pro3 2075 with a Koralia Nano 900l/h
For light theres 2x24w t5 Osram 865 daylight
Also running co2 and daily ferts..

Still doing 50% water changes every other day, since it takes no time to do :)

This is the first day after planting it.
DSC_5657.JPG

And this is a few days old
DSC_5705.JPG

DSC_5725.JPG

DSC_5717.JPG

DSC_5730.JPG

DSC_5734.JPG

DSC_5735.JPG

DSC_5744.JPG

DSC_5742.JPG
DSC_5743.JPG

DSC_5745.JPG

DSC_5746.JPG

DSC_5747.JPG

DSC_5748.JPG

Will try keep it updated with pictures.

Regards from Denmark
/Rasmus

Lovely clear photos. Will look great once it's established:thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate :)

Im looking to buy a few corrys for the tank, but im not sure how many I should or can keep in this size tank?
What do you think?

Little panda corys would be nice in a tank like this :) 5 would go well I reckon.

nice setup mate have a look at pygmy corries or corydora hasborus smaller so you could have more :)

Tim, do pygmy and habrosus corys shoal in the same way their larger cousins do ?

Thanks for your inputs :).
So I've kept the tank algae free for over a month. But after introducing the 10 red neon tetras I got both brown diatoms and brown hair algaes..

So what would the explanation to this be? My best guess is that the 2075 filter didnt have enough time to mature and eat up the extra amonia added to the tank.. Does that sound right?

Its not bad but I can see the algaes now, before I couldn't. Didnt even have to clean the glass..
So I will keep up the 50-70% water changes every other day and reduce the light again down to 6 hours..
Anything else I could do to help it on the right way again :)?

Thanks all

So a little update here a few month later :)
The tank is nice and clean again after a small algae outbreak I had after introducing 10 neon tetras.. Guess the filter couldnt handle it..
Now I also have like 30-40 shrimps, cant remember.. And bought 5 Panda Corys :) Lovely fish!

A movie from yesterday, no light turned on in this video, only pure sunlight.. Might bite me in the a** later on, but lets see how it goes :) So far its no problem with the direct sunlignt

Only thing I cant get rid of, is the surface skum... Even though I do 50% water changes every 3 day.. Might have to install a surface skimmer to fix the problem..

Beautiful set up my man. Healthy and full looking. I also had a major problem with surface scum. I would scrape it off and do water changes but half a day later it was back. I think I managed to narrow it down to too much iron in water supply and bacteria bloomed to create a film. It wasn't there for months and then one day it appeared and never left for about a year. I took my tank down cuz I couldn't deal with the daily maintenance so moving house soon hopefully that will sort it

Tanks looks great!

What camera did you take those awesome :snaphappy: with?

also great use of light to give the colours loads of depth!

Back