• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

74l Rock and Grass Scape

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've had a chance to visit the forum and the same goes for looking after the tank that this thread in based on. I started a new job in June and as a result the amount of time that I have been able to allocate to my fish and tank has diminished. I ran out of co2 well over a month ago and because the refilling shop doesn't open on weekends I haven't been able to get any. As a result I have had to reduced the light and fert input to a minimum since then and the tank has been left to tick over slowly. This seems to have worked for the time being but I would like to get the tank back up to full speed. I will be getting co2 tomorrow and I have set aside some time on the weekend for a major trim.

My big question is regarding the tennelus and how it should be trimmed. I have only trimmed minor bits of tennelus since I started this tank but I would ideally like to remove all of the tennelus leaves back to the root to allow for completely new growth. Is this possible or would it kill the entire plant. The reason why I would like to remove the leaves is that some are broken, discoloured, have old GSP (now brown), look old and in general look rather shabby.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Here is a picture as of this evening.

Regards,

Denis

DSCF0377.jpg

She's beautiful! I've got tennelus and find ripping out old plants works best, you can trim the leaves back provided you get back to the very bottom of the leaf.

wow, it looks great. despite all the problems you've been through! great job
you're my new inspiration. :D

Back