• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

80cm - Paradise Found

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
This is the final shot of my Dutch, as featured in the Jan '11 PFK.

All the plants are now distributed amongst fellow UKAPS Members! :)

Season's Greetings to one and all! :D

5294176834_be729e2ab3_b.jpg

Have had some thoughts on Dutch layouts myself recently, nice example :)

Thanks guys! :D

fozziebear said:
what plant is that in the foreground lower left? ive always wondered what species it is.
Lobelia cardinalis.

Ideally I would have matured this over 6 months or so, and the Lobelia and Staurogyne in particular could be pruned into proper streets, as per the classic Dutch layouts.

I'd recommend a Dutch 'scape to anyone who fancies a challenge!

cheers george, i have to say im not a fan of dutch, but even you make it appealing :p i like the rear more than the foreground.

Nope, you have to be in Holland for it to be dutch. ;)
Looks good George. Reminds me of Tom Barr's harvesting tanks.

Garuf said:
Nope, you have to be in Holland for it to be dutch. ;)

:lol:

Well luckily that is not the criterium. However, lack of views to the backwall, missing streets of plants, and to much central focus "disqualify" it from being typical Dutch Style.

But than again, who cares which style it is when the result looks like this.

Nice texture differences between the planting groups. A little more colour would've brightened it up a little bit IMHO.

Also, have you tried to shoot this tank with a long lens to compress it rather than a wide-angle to deepen it? Check out Filipe's blog link below. I think planting bushes would look better with a zoom lens. Just a suggestion. I'm guessing you've torn it down by now :lol:

http://faao.blogspot.com/2010/06/2-lent ... entes.html

Back