• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

8l mini mountain scape

samc

hi all

yesterday my nano got the chop to make way for more ideas i have. i eventually decided on a mountian scape. currently there is only taiwan moss but there will be an addition of UG. from my experience with this plant it melts in new setups so i am waiting a couple of weeks then add it to the 'innert' substrate as i have heard it prefers it.

specs as follows:

tank: 12x8x8
filter: HOB
heater: none
light: 9w

mountianscape.jpg

Re: 8l mini mountian scape

many thanks guys

riccardia would be great viktor but its a bit expensive for the amount i am after. although i am not sure if i want to use UG yet as it grows a thick carpet which will hide the rockwork so it will probely be HC when i get the co2 in.

i forgot to mention that the idea from the scape was from when i went to austria a couple of months ago where there was a beauty of a mountian off the balcony called 'wilder kaiser' shown here

Ellmau-Wilder-Kaiser.jpg

this was really inspirational for me and i wanted the same look. as you can see the dark green trees toward the top (the taiwan moss) and the lovely light green fields toward the bottom (UG or HC) so now you may understand where i am coming from :D

i really like this scape, it appeals to me. Guna follow this one :D

good luck mate.

Nick16 said:
i really like this scape, it appeals to me. Guna follow this one :D

good luck mate.

thanks mate it might not appeal to everyone but its all learning and trying different things at the moment

chilled84 said:
Brilliant. well done. Great choice of stone and placement. gona look great once you grow them plants in between the little rocks. you gona cover whole substrate or make it fade out as it reaches the bottom of the slope? :D

i am thinking of placing the hc just under the moss and letting it creep down. but i have got to keep the carpet as low as possible

That scape looks ace 8)
If you're serious about the HC (which I think you should be), get ready to get the scissors out. Once it get's going it will hide anything lower the a couple of inches.

Sam, what can i say mate? This is another awesome scape mate. your hardscaping is becoming real top notch stuff now. and dare is say it, better than some the more experienced here. but then experience does not account for talent.

man, the tank looks massive :thumbup:

regardless what you do with the plants, you must understand your hardscaping abilities have improved tenfold.

Sam this looks tremendous :D :D

As has been said, the scaping is top notch and makes the tank look way bigger than it is - makes me want to get my nano set up again :D

Personally I'd be tempted to forget the carpet and go for the desert look with sparse planting 8) But that may not be very 'ukaps' :lol:

Tony

saintly said:
Sam, what can i say mate? This is another awesome scape mate. your hardscaping is becoming real top notch stuff now. and dare is say it, better than some the more experienced here. but then experience does not account for talent.

man, the tank looks massive :thumbup:

regardless what you do with the plants, you must understand your hardscaping abilities have improved tenfold.

thanks alot mark :D that means alot

i feel much more confident with hardscaping now and quite confident with planting but we will see with the 60cm

Tonser said:
Sam this looks tremendous :D :D

As has been said, the scaping is top notch and makes the tank look way bigger than it is - makes me want to get my nano set up again :D

Personally I'd be tempted to forget the carpet and go for the desert look with sparse planting 8) But that may not be very 'ukaps' :lol:

thanks tony, go for the nano! you wont regret it. i was also thinking sparse, i also thought it wasnt very ukaps :lol:

Excellent hardscape, great sense of scale and depth.
I think the HC and moss should be ideal choices to recreate the scene in the photo.
I look forward to seeing the scape as it develops.

Cheers
James

Back