• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

8l nano. little project

samc

:wave:

this is my latest project :D i was going to put a picture up earlier but the camera was playing up.

this tank was saved as it was about to be thrown in the skip by a friend. it has cost me about £10 to set up which was mainly the light :D
the rocks were from the garden. the sand was also going to be thrown away. the filter i have had for a while kicking about, so why not set it up.

the specs:
tank 12x8x8
filteration HOB
heating none
light 9w

plants are currently tiawan moss and staurogyne sp. and soon rotala rotundifolia will be added in the back right corner.
there is plenty of staurogyne sp. behind the rocks which will start to show soon :thumbup:
this is not ment to be anything special :lol: but thought i would show it anyway.

can anyone guess the fish?

tankshot.jpg

just to show where the staurgyne is and the gap for the rotala
dsc02726u.jpg

dsc02718n.jpg

Some kind of microrasbora...? :rolleyes: :p

I really like it! Nice simple tank, and that rock structure is ace.

That's bloody lovely that, I tried using round rocks in my nano but I couldn't get mine anywhere this nice.
I'd use hm rather than Rotalla, it's smaller and will give better sense of scale. Well done!

Love the cobble stones, they give a very natural appearnce.
I would have guessed microrasbora as well, just shows how strong the family resemblance is among Cyprinids.
Glad to see you have good surface disturbance, as Roach are so oxygen hungry.

Cheers
James

Hi Sam

Glad to see the Staurogyne is going well, and the tank looks amazing. I'd agree with Garuf about the Rotala, HM would be much better. Or maybe even something grassy... maybe E Tennelus?

Dave

Go for it.

Pea gravel presents a similar colour, texture and shape, but it's smaller, so makes for a great transition between the sand and larger pebbles.

The more sizes you mix, the smoother the transition. Experiment to see what works best for you.

Smooth transitions can work very well, but also dramatic contrasts can work too...

Have fun!

Back