• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90*45*45

Love this tank, looks so tranquil :)

Nice work

Boas Luiz, whats the secret to growing Bolbitis Heudelotii??? I can't get mine to grow no matter what I do with the tank.
Its got great flow, dose high EI ferts, plenty of CO2, I have tried low lights and high lights and it grows new leaves when they get to about 5-6cm long they turn dark green then fall off the rihzone :(

Thanks again for all the words and compliments here.

Oi Luis e umas fotos desse temometro da ADA?? It looks amazing

Olá, ;) Yes its very cool you need buy one! I will post new pictures soon. thanks friend for your comment!
About bolbitis, in my expirence bolbitis love soft water and not too much fertilizers! Try maintain your water very clean and you will see it grow like crazy!

Regards, Luis.

luismoniz said:
About bolbitis, in my expirence bolbitis love soft water and not too much fertilizers! Try maintain your water very clean and you will see it grow like crazy!
Regards, Luis.

I have heard that it is considered a slow grower, but it is a real monster in my experience. It is a beautiful plant, though.

Dave.

Luis - you are an artist. I suspect that anyone who said it was simply a copy of an Amano tank, was struggling with terrible jealousy! Stunning.

Hi,
Thanks again for all the kind words!
Yes CeeBee this layout in my country for some guys are just Amano copy, I don't care, in my house I do what I want :D and in my tank I am the boss.
And I agree with you about jealousy.
Unfortunately for some guys here ADA represents try be more then other people, that piss me off because I am not rich guy and I am not more then anybody, just in my island we don't have good shops so all the aqua stuff I need ask for other places (aquaessentials are one of that places) and I try buy good stuff for don't be always buy it because ship cost lot of money.
Sorry about that, I hope you can understand my amazing english :p but just for explain the jealousy guys from my country!

Regards, Luis.

Hey ,I wish I could make the people envious of my scapes
keep it up pal awesome,
Regards john.

Hi Luis :D

this tank is one of my favorites , seriously it is great in every point , the hardscape , the plantation , the picture , simply perfect ;) the way you used the space is great .... i dont see anything that i dont like , that seems misplaced or whatsoever in that tank ;) i say it again but perfect is the right word :D

some people will always compare tanks to Amano's tanks , "ohhh your tank looks like this .... or that" .....i think that when you do nature aquarium or iwagumi style , it is difficult to do something that Amano has not done yet .... all the different type of hardscapes and plantations have been already done , you very rarely see something absolutely new ,basically nearly every tank you see on the net is an involontary -or not- Amano copy (executed with more or less style) , therefore , best thing to do is to ignore those comments , as YOU know (and here I know) that you didn't copy anything , simply did what you liked , even if finally it happens to look like an Amano's tank at the first look ...clearly if you look at the details of a tank you immediatly find its originality , each tank has its own identity . about your tank , it has its own identity , i dont see any copy here , it could be an Amano tank , not because it looks like one , but because it is just perfect as Amano would have done it (yes it is the 3rd time i use perfect ...but i mean it so ....) ;)

Nico

Edit:you are a genius Luis , and i am jealous of your tank :D ;)

nico said:
.....some people will always compare tanks to Amano's tanks , "ohhh your tank looks like this .... or that" .....i think that when you do nature aquarium or iwagumi style , it is difficult to do something that Amano has not done yet .... all the different type of hardscapes and plantations have been already done , you very rarely see something absolutely new ,basically nearly every tank you see on the net is an involontary -or not- Amano copy (executed with more or less style)......

I think there is a lot that is true with this statement, Nico. Originality is becoming increasingly more difficult to find, or execute.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
nico said:
.....some people will always compare tanks to Amano's tanks , "ohhh your tank looks like this .... or that" .....i think that when you do nature aquarium or iwagumi style , it is difficult to do something that Amano has not done yet .... all the different type of hardscapes and plantations have been already done , you very rarely see something absolutely new ,basically nearly every tank you see on the net is an involontary -or not- Amano copy (executed with more or less style)......

I think there is a lot that is true with this statement, Nico. Originality is becoming increasingly more difficult to find, or execute.

Dave.

I would agree with this comment myself. It's rare you see an original aquascape, most people just follow the trends. Look at us all using sand foregrounds and such, 5 years ago would we have? It would have been glosso and e tenellus all the way.

I think this tank though of Luis is my fave, it's the best I've seen. Great blog too.

DSC05761.jpg

Some 'copy' Amano, I 'copy' you, Luis... :D

3539538063_9e395f99a9.jpg

Back