• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 cm fresh start. Thread finished.

tim

hi folks, thought id start a new thread for this
8717694245_b7b0e743f3.jpg

90x45x45cm optiwhite
2 cristalprofi 900s filtration
fe co2 jbl reg fluval diffuser and bubble counter
koralia 1600 nano power head
substrate colombo florabase and unipac senegal sand
mini landscape rock and manzinita wood
thanks for looking all comments and criticisms appreciated :)

@James at the moment 8 cherry barbs 14 cardinal tetras and a few amano shrimp
@stu plants so far glosso, hemianthus micranthemoides, micranthemum umbrosum, Java fern normal and narrow, fissidens geppi, peacock moss, anchor moss, bacopa Australis, bolbitus, ludwigia sp, rotala sp, hygrophilia rosanervig, think that's all of them.

Hi Stu, another nice scape :thumbup:
Could i ask what brand of lily pipes you are using please?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Looking good,

Can I ask if you think the flora base will work its way above the sand over time? I am debating using either flora base or Aqua Soil under some fine gravel but have been told the gravel will work its way under the larger substrate, just wanted to know what your opinion is on this?

I guess because you have a decent depth of sand over the top this wont happen in your tank?
:)

Looking good,

Can I ask if you think the flora base will work its way above the sand over time? I am debating using either flora base or Aqua Soil under some fine gravel but have been told the gravel will work its way under the larger substrate, just wanted to know what your opinion is on this?

I guess because you have a decent depth of sand over the top this wont happen in your tank?
:)
Hi mate , the flora base is just behind the mini landscape rocks everything else is sand, its already working its way forward due to the amanos chucking it there, but I'll just syphon it out and hopefully the rocks and plant roots will keep it in place, you can use plastic to seperate the sand from the flora base, maybe I should have :banghead:

Stu ?? Sign of old age forgetting someone's name ady ;) they are just cheapies from eBay snapped my diy acrylic pipes hence the Jbl outtakes, still birthday soon so hopefully the wife will buy me some gush out takes :)
Many apologies Tim, I have no idea why I wrote Stu, I'd just been looking at one of your other journals too so no excuses, maybe I'm just going mad....I'm not that old!!
I like the shape of those Lily's, although gush ones are very nice, i looked at them myself but the returns won't fit my tank with its silly rim :(

Reactions: tim
Hi folks, just over a week in everything growing, glosso vertically hopefully plenty of trimming will encourage more horizontal growth,
8740762710_f631a162dc.jpg

Before the trim
8739648421_42ca7080f1.jpg

After
8739649507_1342c3abd9.jpg

Added in another power head for now for better distribution looking to purchase a bigger filter and at the moment its a choice between an ehiem or a cristalprofi 1500 with glassware ehiem would be sensible for 10x rule cristalprofi leaves me some spare cash for glassware so we shall see :)
Thanks for looking in.

Not a great update :(
Co2 timer failed leaving the gas running for 24 hours whilst I was out, needless to say returned home this morning to very unhappy livestock, one dead amano shrimp, turned lights on raised power head to break water surface and proceeded with small water changes for a couple of hours.no more losses, will leave co2 and lights off today whilst I sort out a new timer.
Cherry barbs totally unaffected by it all
8753572214_488b3d1279.jpg

Ah,...I'm sorry to hear about that Tim. You did the best you could under the circumstances. Tim do you by chance run an air stone in there after lights out?

Reactions: tim
Back