• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 cm optiwhite journal- new layout page 3

tim

hi
thought i would start a journal for my new tank purchased from a well known online retailer antipofish;)
cheers chris going to be a while untill i can do what id like with the tank so for now ive basically filled it up with the plants and dragonstone i had in a few tanks i had to collapse down this was taken the day i got it home
8302714703_932487fe5b.jpg

i have since made some acrylic intakes and prototype jet type outflows got myself an inline heater ill be fitting over the xmas break sometime also added some livestock panda and trillenatus corys and around 50 boraras urophthalmoides which my lfs very kindly gave me in exchange for some livestock i returned had a little move around yesterday will try and get some pics up later
thanks for looking :thumbup:

Glad its up and running, I am sure you will have it looking great soon enough. Did you add any extra substrate to it ? I was thinking, you could pull the substrate at the front back slightly and drop some more aquasoil in there so that you can't see the remnants of the sand that was in there (if you want to). Dragonstone suits that tank I think :) Have a great Christmas.

Glad its up and running, I am sure you will have it looking great soon enough. Did you add any extra substrate to it ? I was thinking, you could pull the substrate at the front back slightly and drop some more aquasoil in there so that you can't see the remnants of the sand that was in there (if you want to). Dragonstone suits that tank I think :) Have a great Christmas.
cheers chris topped up the substrate with the florabase i had in my 60ltr will leave it as is for now dragonstone does look ok i may take a trip to adc in the new year and get some more you have a good christmas too :thumbup:

couple of pics from this evening hard to get a decent shot of these guys
8304695858_f002ee7682.jpg

and a fts
8304692194_ba97f00ac3.jpg

will get some more parvula eventually to replace the crypts on the front right of the tank majority of the plants were being grown low tech so look a bit sorry for themselves lots of stem plants in there so will be trimming to try and thicken them up should be a learning curve
thats all for now thanks for looking and have a damn good christmas :thumbup:

Looks good Tim, I noticed you drop-checkers are quite yellow. Watch you don't suffocate your fish mate with to much CO2, it's easily done, which I learnt the hard way. Luckily they all recovered but it was close. Is it an iwagumi layout?

Looks good Tim, I noticed you drop-checkers are quite yellow. Watch you don't suffocate your fish mate with to much CO2, it's easily done, which I learnt the hard way. Luckily they all recovered but it was close. Is it an iwagumi layout?
cheers mate dc's look more lime green in the flesh mate all fish and shrimp happy never near the surface it does look iwagumi ish but loads of stems to the back left and right of the rocks so maybe more stemwagumi :lol: been trimming stems quite low try to increase mass time to let them fill out a bit now cheers

Looks nice mate, great sense of scale with both plants and fish. Seems to be filling in really nicely and I like the integration of plants at the right side....very amano!

Looks nice mate, great sense of scale with both plants and fish. Seems to be filling in really nicely and I like the integration of plants at the right side....very amano!
cheers ady more accidental than anything tis growing on me though stems and foreground plants growing in harmony for a change think it could do with one or two more rocks on the right should be plenty of trimming practice to be had though cheers

I like this Tim, it could have done with a couple more stones, and maybe a little more banking on the substrate, but these are minor points really, i do like what you have done. It will look crackinin when those stems grow in.

I like this Tim, it could have done with a couple more stones, and maybe a little more banking on the substrate, but these are minor points really, i do like what you have done. It will look crackinin when those stems grow in.
cheers Ian totally agree scape was chucked together with plants and dragon stone from 4 smaller tanks missus made me collapse down looking to redo it from scratch in a few months stem trimming practice for now:thumbup:

6 panda 6 trillenatus corries would prefer 12 of one or the other but the wife put her foot down and wont let me take any back:lol: had them for a couple of years 6 ottos and about 50 boraras urophthalmoides i had 10 and my lfs gave me another 40 in exchange for some livestock i returned maybe 6 amano shrimp as well they are very small but very nice little fish IMO very active stay mid to lower levels of the tank

Looking nice mate. Happy new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back