• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 Litre tank, High tech/Low tech CO2?

hunter001

Seedling
Hi i've just set up my old aqua one 620 and want to get it planted up as everything ive put in my main tank gets eaten by the occupants. Im slowly sorting out my stocking on that tank so i can start putting the plants i want in there. Anyway i want to get some CO2 going in there but which is going to make more sense for me on a 90litre tank? High tech or low tech? My main tank is a 300litre and will definatly have a FE CO2 setup but im not sure if i can get away with the yeast method on the smaller tank to save a bit of cash as high tech on both tanks is going to cost a fair few quid.

If you make sure your lighting is below 1WPG (T5/USG), then you should be able to get away with liquid carbon on the smaller tank. Things grow a bit slower, but with a large high tech tank to look after, it might not be such a bad idea.

The tanks has 2x18w T5 compacts so its a little over 1wpg. Im not hugely worried about the maintenance on it as well as my large tank. Plus with liquid ive heard some species of plants dont do very well with it, hence why i was thinking either D.I.Y yeast CO2 or the high tech.

Back