• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 minute makeover

Kezzab

Reeeeeeeeeescape baby!

All the old plants from Big Rock Nano plus a bit of pilfering from my other tanks.

Same soil, didn't even remove it or anything. Just reshaped and added some root tabs.

Xmas moss
Monte Carlo
Java fern narrow
AR mini
H'ra
Lilleopsis NZ
H. Tripartitea Japan
Anubias bonsai petite

Hardscape is some fallen oak.

Whoop!

20210107_204017.jpg

Last edited:
Week 2 complete.
Change to spray bar. Improvement.
Using Easy Life algexit to tackle persistent green hair algae (present in last scape too). Early signs are its having an impact.
Think I will remove the rock.
Not convinced by the Trumpesque tupé of monte carlo on the wood. May remove.
Carpet showing very faint signs of getting going.
20210121_214018.jpg

Week 3 complete
Monte Carlo removed from wood.
Rock removed. Rotala orange juice planted in the gap.
Carpet dug up and replanted with smaller pieces.
Java fern removed.
Algexit 2nd week complete. Impact questionable. Some moss is algae free, some remains infested.

20210128_173529.jpg

Week 4 complete
Thread algae still an issue, but maybe subsiding. Still a lot in moss on diagonal.
R-OJ has picked up and is growing well.
Carpet is still a sad mess of riccia and Monte Carlo. It will pick up I think, I just abused the mc too much.
Still on 50% wc every 2 days. Adding 2ml of TNC complete at each change now.
Hra will need trimmed to shape at some point.
20210204_173154.jpg

Week 7
I've not done a regular weekly update before and it's quite nice to see the steady progression.
All going well except the monte carlo at the front, its just too shaded I think.
The Tripartita has started its inevitable takeover of the tank.
20210225_221156.jpg

monte carlo at the front, its just too shaded I think.
Maybe shift the lights (whatever they may be) to the sides - once the MC begins really growing, it will usually continue even if it becomes shaded

9 weeks done and I think the tank has reached the point of completion. It's unlikely to ever look much better than it does now. From here it will just be trimming then getting back to this point.

So I dragged the horrid filter out to get a clean ish shot.

Thinking about a rescape now. Have to say this has been one of the least problematic scapes I've done. No algae to speak of apart from the hair algae I imported from the previous scape.

20210311_205911.jpg

Back