• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape 90cm options covid distraction

Kezzab

I've managed to get covid which is not pleasant at all. So to pass the time in bed I'd welcome views on some hardscape options for my 90x45x45 tank.

Particularly interested in practical issues you might spot with the options, as well as which you think have most potential.

I'm going to attempt to go high tech stem heavy this time, something I've not really tried in this tank before.

20201129_195832.jpg
20201201_205326.jpg
20201227_153730.jpg
20201221_090556.jpg
20201224_112117.jpg

Sorry to hear you have caught covid, i hope you get well soon

Concerning the hardscapes, wow! I think they all look amazing! How to choose? I'm no expert, at all, but i think nr2 doesnt lend itself for heavy stems. All of the scapes involving the wood look excellent but i like nr4 most because of the heavy hardscape in the front, plenty of room for stems in the back, or possible extra stones, and interesting choices for mosses and epiphytes.

I hope that you'll spit that sh... and get well soon !

As far as I like to watch Iwagumis, it's not my cup of tea.
I'm actually planning a 100p custom made and I really like the 3 last ones with the roots.

There is alot of potential on the 1st & 3rd root. The second is nice but too massive in the center.

Sorry to hear that you got hit with Covid. I personally prefer the 1st and 3rd layouts. The 1st one doesn't give a lot of space for stems that you want though.

Layout #2 is most interesting for me, I like the tiered hardscape and the shadows created.

Get well soon 👍

Last edited:
I'm with Tim, I like the first best. It looks the most natural.

Get well soon.

Happy new year! Great hardscapes, you did a good job! My personal favourites: #1 and #4
And get well soon!

I like #2 because of the rock layers but stems might obscure the rockwork. I also like #5 because I like how the smaller branches come together to mingle in the middle, could have a really nice tunnel effect here with thick stems on either side. They're all nice hardscapes, though.
I had Covid last month but I seem to have made a full recovery. Wishing you the same good fortune!!

Back