• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stu Worrall

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Well, my tank is here at last and im most pleased with it.

Its a 90x45x45cm optiwhite on a metalika stand from Aquariums Ltd. Had a wee problem with the original tank which was sorted with no problems by Ray at AQ and to say im happy with it is an understatement. The silicon on these tanks is just perfect and that with the optiwhite just blows the Rio out of the water :D

One thing to note for anyone ordering an ADA style cabinet from Aquariums is the grey colours available. Id ordered Metalika thinking it was a dark grey but was quite surprised when I got it as it was quite light compared to the oli knott tank in TGM. I found out then that there are two greys, a dark grey (TGM oli knott tank) and the metalika which is lighter. After seeing the tank in my house im happy I chose the right one now as it matches the stainless hanger and the rest of the decor in the house really well.

At the moment its going to have to wait for a radiator behind the new tank to be moved to a vertirad behind the old tank. So a bit of twoing and froing of plants/water/shrimps will have to be done to get the old tank moved and sold before I can start scaping the new one. The light stand I had made fits perfectly and it will hang the 80cm T5 luminaire for now until I upgrade the light.

Ive just fitted and cut the foam pad tonight (camping matt from sports direct £3.99) and dumped in the manzi wood which has been hanging around too much doing nothing

Here's some pics of old and new. The new one is staying where it is but moving left slightly.

img0220k.jpg

img0224qk.jpg

22/11/2009 UPDATE

4125014057_5799155a4d_o.jpg

Final image of tank

4885824773_c7dbdf5183_b.jpg
90x45x45cm ADA Entry 2010 by Stu Worrall, on Flickr

Attachments

• 4125014057_5799155a4d_o.jpg
    4125014057_5799155a4d_o.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 4885824773_c7dbdf5183_b.jpg
    4885824773_c7dbdf5183_b.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 297
Re: 90x45x45 has arrived!

It looks the mutts nuts, Stu.

Dave.

Looks great, the cabinet is nice an minimalistic, not to draw your eye away from the scape. Is the whole tank opti white or just the front pane?

looks really great Stu. ADA spirit got you :D
can not wait to see the full setup in it.

the metal frame looks good too. however i may would use the setup without that. then even the frame itself would not distract your eyes, and the lamp would just float in the air above the tank. but i know there are limitation that way. maybe the ceiling is to high or the weight of the lamp is too much in some cases.

check the tanks without frames:
http://akuatic.blogspot.com/2008/08/nat ... llery.html

Cheers all :D

jonnyjr said:
Looks great, the cabinet is nice an minimalistic, not to draw your eye away from the scape. Is the whole tank opti white or just the front pane?
Its all optiwhite jonnyr.

cheers viktor. I actually really like the setups with the frame as I can hide the cable along it, Maybe its the engineer in me too :) . The hanging lamps do look good but I think Id only go down this route if I could take the cable to the ceiling so its hidden. in my case theres nothing up there to plug into so I cant.

stuworrall said:
cheers viktor. I actually really like the setups with the frame as I can hide the cable along it, Maybe its the engineer in me too :) . The hanging lamps do look good but I think Id only go down this route if I could take the cable to the ceiling so its hidden. in my case theres nothing up there to plug into so I cant.

i see, well i am 100% sure the setup will rock! so this is not problem at all.
you're right about hiding the cables. did not even thinked about that ;)

Stu, That looks so cool !!! I knew you wouldn't be disappointed with the tank from Aquariums Ltd mine is excellent. I am very jealous of your setup :sick:

Did you do the chrome/hanging rail work yourself?

I have to say though i love the look and build quality of the ADA styled cabinet, how about
a few pics of the features and inside?

samc said:
thats gonna look the nuts stu.
ill give you a tenner for the lot :p
:lol: Ill get it in the post tomorrow sam, you should expect to receive it in 2010 with the current postage delay time :)

viktorlantos said:
stuworrall said:

i see, well i am 100% sure the setup will rock! so this is not problem at all.
you're right about hiding the cables. did not even thinked about that ;)
Im working on the cables at the moment. trying to decide whether I'd manage to get a drawstring and the electric cable around the 90degree bend so I can hide it completely

Superman said:
Looks well swish!
I bet you can't wait to get started.
definately cant wait but I need to break the old one down first

andyh said:
Stu, That looks so cool !!! I knew you wouldn't be disappointed with the tank from Aquariums Ltd mine is excellent. I am very jealous of your setup :sick:

Did you do the chrome/hanging rail work yourself?

I have to say though i love the look and build quality of the ADA styled cabinet, how about
a few pics of the features and inside?
Ill get some pics up later andy. Re the light hanger its a stainless one I had made locally. Got a thread on it here - http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7816 but heres a closer pic, the brackets are the best feature as they have a quick release.

img9180w.jpg

img9181.jpg

I remember you mentioning this tank some time ago, Stu.
With so long spent waiting for it's arrival, i'm sure you've had time to plan something quite spectacular.
I look forward to seeing it as it develops.

Cheers,
James

I'm going to be slightly picky and say I don't like the way the front fascia of the cabinet doesn't hide the top panel, but other than that I want one :thumbup:

I remember Stu showing me the lighting brackets at the Oliver Knott Day @ TGM. It was like he was showing me his new born baby - you could see the pride in his face. And rightly so too.

Beautiful hardware mate. I'm sure you'll do it all justice too with a crakin' 'scape and photography to boot.

Another one to watch!

Back