• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90x45x45 - "Seiryu peak"

Sonnyarba

Hi there,

After a long period of collecting equipment for my new aquarium, just one day after returning from my summer vacation, I just started my new Iwagumi style aquascape, which I named after Seiryu rocks that I used. This is actually my first "serious" aquascape, since my first aquarium that I bougt 8 months ago was started without a plan :oops: :D

Tank specs:
90x45x45 Optiwhite glass, 10mm

Lighting:
ATI Sunpower, 4x39W, JBL Natur Ultra 9000 K

Substrate:
3 x 9l of Aquasoil Amazonia

Hardscape:
19 kg of Seiryu stones (special thanks to Viktor Lantos from GA :clap: who delivered me those stones to hotel while I was on a business trip to Budapest :wave: )

Filter:
Eheim Pro 3e 2078, waiting for PM lily pipes to arrive

Heater:
Hydor ETH 300

CO2:
Pressurized, 5kg, diffused via UP atomizer

Now, I started to play with the hardscape, and before I fill the water in I would appreciate your advices. The plant list will be very short, limited to HC :D

So, what do you think about it?
dsc0604xi.jpg

dsc0605z.jpg

dsc0606d.jpg

dsc0608w.jpg

Tired & wet artist (the temperature in my room is 29 at the moment :crazy: )
dsc0615i.jpg

I have a few more kg's of smaller stones so if you think I should add some, just say :thumbup:

Hope you are gonna like it, and feel free to suggest anything you would change ;)

So, what do you think? :wave:

Re: 90x45x45 - "Seiryu peak" - Need some advices

your exit lines on the main pile of stones is great, the smaller pile could use some work..

Cant wait to see it planted

I love the left side, but the right side could be a little more natural i guess. Maybe form a smaller peak there? Just like you did on the left but of course much smaller? The big mountain looks pretty good. I can't wait to see this planted ;)

agree cannot fault the left side, but the right side needs to compliment the left more instead of rounded peaks.

Thank you guys :wave:

You got the point, I totally agree with you! :clap: Although everything looks nice alive, when I have a picture in front of me the right side asks for some changes, and I will try to work on the depth. Since all my Aquasoil is already in the tank, I will have to remove the rocks and add something below them. :thumbup:

It seems this is gonna be a very busy Sunday for me :thumbup:

You can expect the update until evening :wave:

So,

after your advices I did some "serious" changes! :D
First, I took almost whole substrate out and put lots of smaller inert stones from the local forest, lava stones and 2 large beer mugs :lol: and all to achieve the depth. I have to say I'm very happy with the result! :thumbup:

Second, I had to redo the right side, and it has been changed a lot, all to have more natural look.

dsc0623bc.jpg

dsc0616p.jpg

dsc0617.jpg

dsc0619v.jpg

dsc0620j.jpg

dsc0622yk.jpg

dsc0624dc.jpg

Is it better now? I'm a bit tired of scaping work so I don't see the details any more.

I guess a need a break.
Cheers :wave:

The right side compliments the left very well now

Trick work looks great, both sides work really well together, well done...... I'll look forward to seeing this planted up!

Tkank you all ;)

I'm so glad that you like it now :thumbup: I have to admit I'm pretty satisfied with the work, but I'll be looking at the tank for few more days and maybe make some smaller adjustments if necessary :D

I hope the planting will be done at least until next weekend, if not even before.

My HC still grows emersed, and my new challenge will be to see how fast will it adapt to submersed condition. ;)

One of my friends had an inspiration and surprised me with the image of my tank - planted (except the background :D ). I can't wait for the weekend to begin... te see myself planting. :lol:

sony04.jpg

viktorlantos said:
This already looks completed. No filter pipes, HC is in the best form. Great capture. So what will be your next scape? ;) Just kidding. Looks very good.
:lol: :thumbup:

Great idea Viktor, I'm just going to send the picture to IAPLC :lol:

Just kidding, of course! :wave:

Sonnyarba said:
viktorlantos said:
This already looks completed. No filter pipes, HC is in the best form. Great capture. So what will be your next scape? ;) Just kidding. Looks very good.
:lol: :thumbup:

Great idea Viktor, I'm just going to send the picture to IAPLC :lol:

Just kidding, of course! :wave:

Dont joke about it! Do it, The way they have been gradeing you will proberly rank high!

Since I received few critiques about the right side of the scape, I decided to play more until I'll be satisfied.

Now, it looks like this...
dsc0650ge.jpg

dsc0653ps.jpg

To me it looks more natural, right? :thumbup:

Both sides look good to me now :) One thing I might do though, is tilt the rock that is dead center slightly. I would lay it down more so it's not so vertical but keeps the shape of the mountain. Then I might be tempted to bring the little one in front of it in to the left a bit. Just slightly, to emphasize the gap down the middle a bit more.

Looking good!

Tom

Tom said:
Both sides look good to me now :) One thing I might do though, is tilt the rock that is dead center slightly. I would lay it down more so it's not so vertical but keeps the shape of the mountain. Then I might be tempted to bring the little one in front of it in to the left a bit. Just slightly, to emphasize the gap down the middle a bit more.

Looking good!

Tom
Hi Tom :thumbup:

You have to be proud of yourself, to have such a big influence on people :clap:
Just joking, but I liked your ideas so I already did what you suggested and I'm impressed with the result mate :clap:

Look!
dsc0655u.jpg

Is this finally it? :wave:

Did some minor stone readjustment and finally finished planting :thumbup:

dsc0673aj.jpg

dsc0674d.jpg

Finished, hopefully with good luck
dsc0676m.jpg

:wave:

Good luck for the project ;)

Keep the water chilled between 21/24 if you can. Use more light from the beginning does not matter that diatom will come a week or 2 weeks later as HC runs better this way and stay more compact. Fresh water is loved by this plant so frequent changes is helpful too.

Wait 2 weeks with the Amanos even if diatom appears earlier. So HC can settle in and the shrimps will not dig it out then. They will eat all the diatoms from the plants in a very short time.

After that you just need to enjoy and trim this beauty in every 2/4 weeks. ;)

Back