• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90x45x45 - "Seiryu peak"

Re: 90x45x45 - "Seiryu peak" - Need some advices

Looks great!

Can't wait to see it in a few weeks when its started to grow in. If it looks anything like your drawn image it will be impressive.

Victor - I've been following your HC advice avidly over the last month or so and am excited to try and grow it again following your advice - Just need another tank!!

Re: 90x45x45 - "Seiryu peak" - planted & video

Thank you all, I'm glad you like it :wave:

Viktor, tkanks a lot for your advices, I will follow them :thumbup: You are a real HC guru mate :clap:

And what about choosing fishes for this aquarium? I already have a group of cardinal tetras (p. axelrodi), but after I saw how compact a school of fishes can be in Mark's 120x55x55 (penguin tetras), I am considering to buy some other schooling fish species that will stay more comapct in group. But the other criteria is size, to make aquarium look bigger. What about rummy nose tetras? :?

Video update...

Stunning, Hardscape has really come together.

We are counting the end of the first week since this aquarium came alive. :D
There are no bigger changes in the tank, so there is no need for additional photos. But, some HC leaves became brown, like they are falling away...

Is this normal for transition from emmersed to water regime, or is it because of the fact that I'm still adding no ferts? This HC is from emmersed growth, so I suppose that it still hasn't establihed it's new root system to pull the ferts from the Aquasoil, so maybe i should add some KNO3, KH2PO4, and K2SO4 to the water colimn... :?

So, should I start with EI or not?

Cheers! :thumbup:

Sonnyarba said:
We are counting the end of the first week since this aquarium came alive. :D
There are no bigger changes in the tank, so there is no need for additional photos. But, some HC leaves became brown, like they are falling away...

Is this normal for transition from emmersed to water regime, or is it because of the fact that I'm still adding no ferts? This HC is from emmersed growth, so I suppose that it still hasn't establihed it's new root system to pull the ferts from the Aquasoil, so maybe i should add some KNO3, KH2PO4, and K2SO4 to the water column... :?

So, should I start with EI or not?

Cheers! :thumbup:

Looking very nice now!

I would blast it with CO2 and you might as well start EI. It sounds normal for the transition from emersed growth - The HC has less access to CO2 when moved underwater, so it has to adapt. Giving it more CO2 can help with that.

Tom

As Tom said, as you have no livestock in there, I would ramp up the CO2 to increase the amount dissolved to as high as possible. While emersed, they would have had access to relatively large concentrations of CO2 compared to after they were flooded, this should hopefully ease the transition and you can steadily drop the bubble count as they adapt.

Victor's HC masterclass

You're probably already familar with Victor's efforts with HC in his 120P iwagumi, you certainly can't go wrong following that! As you have planted in aquasoil, it might not be vital to dose EI as the substrate should be leaching lots of nutrients into the water column aswell as storing lots ready for the roots to absorb. Extra water column dosing shouldn't hurt if you wanted to, although I think the rocks may need regular scrubbing if you start doing that soon.

Excellent hardscape! :D

all the best,
Joe

90x45x45 - "Seiryu peak" - planted & video

I would not dose yet with AS. Boost the light and co2. Daily bi-daily water change and you will be fine. Do not worry about initial diatom or hair algae, amanos will help with that. Just help hc with the above for a quick start. I only dosed brighty k in the first few weeks. ;)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.528859,19.205691

Thank you all for your answers :thumbup:

I've already read a few time Viktor's masterpiece topic, and what to say... :clap: But I thought it's better to ask again because maybe your HC wasn't from emmersed. During first 7 days I did daily water changes, and this week I will perform water changes every other day. I will measure water parameters today, to see how much AS gives.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sonnyarba said:
Thank you all for your answers :thumbup:

I've already read a few time Viktor's masterpiece topic, and what to say... :clap: But I thought it's better to ask again because maybe your HC wasn't from emmersed. During first 7 days I did daily water changes, and this week I will perform water changes every other day. I will measure water parameters today, to see how much AS gives.

Cheers my friend
We used emers HCs. In my thread if you zoom to the first few pictures the plantlets is still emers there. :angelic:
Looking forward to the updates from you ;) :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

it's time for the update :)
The aquarium is now at the end of the 5th week. HC finally started to spread pretty nice, and yesterday I trimmed the whole "carpet". This is how it looks like at the moment.

dsc0790td.jpg

From algae, I have only some problems with GDA on the glass and rocks, and maybe 20 spots with BBA on the rocks. I am doing my best to fight with them by treating those spots with hydrogen peroxide. Are there any good advices about that?

From ferts, I am using everything except KNO3 at the moment, because Aquasoil leeches a lot of it in the water column. It seems HC loves to take a lot of PO4 (I use testers to learn how much my plants need on weekly basis) :D

probably one of the best stone layouts this forum has seen...actually, no! it's thee best the forum has seen.

Pretty darn nice!

Looks really realistic- like a mountain range. Well done.
regards,
fandango

Thanks a lot :D

I will keep you up with the updates :thumbup:

I have another question: my ATI lighting is currently 37 cm from the water surface, so is it maybe too high?
Few posts above I described my little algae issues :)

Back