• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90x50x45 Fresh Jungle

Aronnie

Right - after going down the high tech route and ending up not liking my scape/not getting the hand of Co2, I decided to go down the low tech route.

Planned it for a good couple of months and went from this https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/first-attempt-at-aquascaping-took-long-enough.36995/ ...

Tank 01.jpg

To this...

New Scape.jpg

Now the eagle eyed members may notice that I have a drop checker. Whilst deciding what to do, I decided it was a waste not to try Co2 again. However, I have done a few changes including changing the lily pipe to spray bars and moved the Ehiem pump (much better flow distribution). I also cleaned the inline Co2 diffuser and changed the bubble counter from the Fluval type to a Co2 art aluminium bubble counter with integrated check valve. It has been running for a couple of days and all seemed good although got home from work today and appears the solenoid would not open. I upped the pressure and it started to push gas through again. I am hoping it's a one off but may be the solenoid that has got dirty. I may ring Co2 art tomorrow and see what their views are although worried my tank will go without co2 for another day/weekend. It may also mean I have to buy a new solenoid etc... Starting to think I may revert back to low tech however spent too much money not to give this a big push.

The scape needs tweaking but need to get co2 right first. Also, now that I have sand rather than ADA Amazonia and the substrate is not banked using rocks, I will find it a lot easier to change things.

Last edited:
Back