• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A 90cm New Beginning

Wow that is a awsome list mate hope you have nothing planned for a whole day or have you already started lol

Cheers
Jay

As tempting as it was i think it is going to need a full day, so it will be an early start for me tomorrow :happy:

You can easily do all the substrate plants one day, then mist and cover aquarium tightly with cling film

If you’ve planted with a completely dry soil rather than a damp soil, you should mist the soil thoroughly in addition to the plants, check an hour or so later that soil is still damp (sometimes the surface damp will leach downwards, leaving a completely dry upper soil again which is not really to small plant preference o_O )

Continue with the epiphytes the next day (or after a decent break) - Microsorum, Anubias, Buce, Swords can be sensitive to drying so I prefer to flood soon after adding these

Planting started at 8am and still going strong, i think i need some aquascaping minions :lol:

20190622_084519_zps67wbiflr.jpg

OK the plants are in :)
its obviously going to need a lot of growing in, will do a large water change tomorrow, trim the mosses some more and remove any debris as it still needs a bit of tidy up. Still having problems with the heater in the BioMaster Thermo it brings the temp up quickly to 21c but will not go any higher no matter what i set it to. also purchased a new PRO-SE Series Regulator from CO2 Art which is now running, i just need to find the sweet spot. Will get some better photos tomorrow but for now here is a few snaps on the phone of where we are now.

20190622_164657_zpsvetvycty.jpg

20190622_164721_zpslfme8dbd.jpg

20190622_165000_zpsn3ydhbon.jpg

20190622_165026_zps58v07w7x.jpg

20190622_164852_zpsu7eisqxs.jpg

Hi mark.

Test the heater over the next week and make sure all air is out. If it carries on send over an email and we’ll look at replacing it. The replacement will slot straight in easy!

S.

Ps. The planting looks really good. Gonna be a stunning tank. Cracking job :)

Hi mark.

Test the heater over the next week and make sure all air is out. If it carries on send over an email and we’ll look at replacing it. The replacement will slot straight in easy!

S.

Ps. The planting looks really good. Gonna be a stunning tank. Cracking job :)
Thanks mate, definitely not an air issue as I have tested it over night just in the tank, pretty sure its the thermostat now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah agreed the riccardia is really nice to use and looks really nice the tank
looks really good mate and that sweet spot in the co2 isn't an issue for a while till you get fish get it turned up nice and yellow drop checker for those plants to transition
Cheers
Jay

So i was my LFS today thinking about what to stock this with when i spotted the replacement heaters for my BioMaster Thermo 600, it's been bugging me so i thought i would get one to confirm once and for all if either...

1. The heater is faulty
2. I am doing something wrong
3. I am going mad

It was a very easy transplant and i am glad to say it started working straight away and the tank is now up to temperature, i could hear the thermostat kicking in too which i never could on the original one. To be honest i am just glad it didn't turn out to be option 3, mainly because it proves the wife is wrong about me. :lol:

That’s good, send or drop the old heater back into AG and we can sort out a refund for it.

I wonder if the thermostat got burnt out with the lack of flow initially.
Thanks mate, I am away next weekend so will be the weekend after, need a few things anyway and begin planning the next project :)

Hows the tank going mate

Cheers
Jay
Going well Jay, already seeing some growth, a bit of crypt melt and a few diatoms on the Rock's but I was expecting that.

Thinking about some additional plants higher up on the wood to add height to the scape, maybe some more Bolbitis ;)

Last edited:
I really like

Hygrophila pinnatifida
On branches such a nice texture and the under sides of the leaves bring a lil colour I know you already have it in there but I'm guessing its planted asicantsee it yet

Cheers
Jay

I really like

Hygrophila pinnatifida
On branches such a nice texture and the under sides of the leaves bring a lil colour I know you already have it in there but I'm guessing its planted asicantsee it yet

Cheers
Jay
Yes mate, it growing in at the back at the moment but the plan is to get it on the wood.

Really pleased with the effect I get from the cheap LED I mounted at the rear after lights out. This photo doesn't really do it justice.

20190625_221234_zpss1webq03.jpg

I like it mate I do love a back light after lights out gives that lil extra viewing time my

Dont know if you can make out my Hygrophila pinnatifida on the 3 branches at the back I just keep nipping the crowns out to.make them grow bushy
15615031608547971598346379335376.jpg

I like it mate I do love a back light after lights out gives that lil extra viewing time my

Dont know if you can make out my Hygrophila pinnatifida on the 3 branches at the back I just keep nipping the crowns out to.make them grow bushy View attachment 125448
Yes I can see it mate, looks stunning! How did you fix it to the wood?

Back