A 90cm New Beginning

Arana

This is a fair point. It would be worth experimenting to see if you can have one island stretching one third of the tank and the other two thirds... golden ratio esque
I have tried many versions of the wood over the last few days, moved on to playing with the rocks now :)
I will post some more photos soon :thumbup:

Arana

This was another wood layout i quite liked, ignore the rocks! quite like the idea of a pathway through the archway, but to be honest until i get it into the tank who knows how it will end up.;)

9_zpspv8imisx.jpg

oscar

Still Playing while watching Master Amano for inspiration :)

10_zpss67urwyl.jpg
Hi Arana,
This looks like the way forward a strong hardscape using the full dimensions of tank, with perhaps a nice carpet. A graduation of smaller stones towards the front of aquascape would make it more natural..
Once that tank arrives ;)
I’m happy as Liverpool are wining :clap:

CooKieS

Very sleek setup!

I would love to order the same stand for my 60p but I bet they don't ship on France?

Arana

I have cut a sheet of 2mm acrylic sheet to fit the bottom of the tank, this will hopefully protect the glass while i move rocks around and allow me to glue stuff in place and still be able to lift out the whole hardscape if required.

So now begins a whole weekend of adding, moving, removing and agonising over rock placements... Happy days! :)

16_zpsrkyjq3dl.jpg

Arana

Ignore the rocks for the moment, i thought i would just share how the sunset effect looks when the Twinstar goes off :cool:

17_zpsm6w3wnzh.jpg

Jayefc1

Yeah but it is the best part the frustration of rocks and wood Haha the little turn of a rock to change the whole way we look at it the way a branch is pointing it's just the best feeling when you sit down look over and smile at what you have achieved and feel happy till you notice a bit you wanna change

Cheers
Jay

Arana

Yeah but it is the best part the frustration of rocks and wood Haha the little turn of a rock to change the whole way we look at it the way a branch is pointing it's just the best feeling when you sit down look over and smile at what you have achieved and feel happy till you notice a bit you wanna change

Cheers
Jay
Totally agree Jay, it is the fun part for me too. I think it is one of the few times in the aquascaping creative process that you can get instant gratification, everything else takes patience and time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F New Beginning after years of absent Journals 25