• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A 90cm New Beginning

Just returned from the LFS with a male and 2 female Honey Gouramis and 6 Banded loaches (Micronemacheilus curciatus) Never kept those before so should be interesting.

SlJQjhu.jpg

amazing photo

Unfortunately i found one of the new Micronemacheilus curciatus on the floor this morning that had obviously jumped out over night, i wasn't aware they were jumpers so did not expect it :(., then between there and the front door (15 feet away!) i found to large dead amanos, first time that has ever happened to me although i have heard about it happening many times. Not sure how they knew where the front door was but they definitely seem to be heading for it! Why they all chose last night to try and do a runner i don't know but i also had a very bad nights sleep.

Going to finish the revamp of the foreground today, managed to grab one of these to try (Below), have always struggled with it in the past so will be interesting to see how i get on with a 1-2 grow version. will need to trim the Bolbitis back as it is growing so fast. I will post some photos later.

IkXp8gP.jpg

Limited Edition ? Lovely plant btw, couldn't fit them in my 60p but would love to try, keep us updated thanks :)

What are the new foreground plants you’ve put in? I can’t read the label.

The Limited Edition was Blyxa but i have added Riccardia and Cryptocoryne parva to the foreground, the Blyxa is in over on one side to see how it settles in, i have always struggled with it in the past.

The Limited Edition was Blyxa but i have added Riccardia and Cryptocoryne parva to the foreground, the Blyxa is in over on one side to see how it settles in, i have always struggled with it in the past.

It all looks so good. I’ve got Blyxa Japonica (well has before my tank cracked, now it’s in a bucket trying to keep it alive) and it did really well. So many little runners. The Riccardia looks really nice too.

your tank is amazing, how did you get the moss to stick? did it grow across or did you place it all there?

Thanks Chris, Just tied it on using this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HY6Y3JN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it is a lot cheaper that the ADA Moss Cotton ;)

It all looks so good. I’ve got Blyxa Japonica (well has before my tank cracked, now it’s in a bucket trying to keep it alive) and it did really well. So many little runners. The Riccardia looks really nice too.
Thanks mate, i am hoping i have better luck with this in-vitro version :thumbup:

Added 20 Tangerine Tigers this week but they seem to have gone into permanent hiding, full maintenance session today and added some Ludwigia Mini Super Red and another type of Anubias. everything is growing so fast and the Buces are starting to colour up nicely now.

ZI09zWa.jpg

Your gouramis might have good snack with the tangerine tigers...o_O

Tank looks very nice, some sand mixed with the gravel would have look even more natural but all gravel is so much easier to take Care of!:p

Your gouramis might have good snack with the tangerine tigers...o_O

Tank looks very nice, some sand mixed with the gravel would have look even more natural but all gravel is so much easier to take Care of!:p

Luckily the Gouramis have stayed away from the shrimp, already had 2 batches of baby cherries and they have left them alone, currently planning a shrimp only tank so they can always go in there if the Gouramis develop a taste for them.

Very nice tank! :clap:
What light schedule is the Twinstar set on? What fert do you use?
thx

Thanks, The Twinstar 900S comes on at 3pm and ramps up from 0-60% for 1 hour then stays at 60% until 9pm then ramps down to 0% and finally off at 10pm, so 7 hours in total but only 5 hours at 60% (Hope that makes sense)
The first month the timings were the same but only went to 50% then increased 5% per week until we are where we are now. I think this moderate light, high Co2 and dosing full EI from day 1 is why i have had zero algae issues :thumbup:

Thanks Mark!
I also use the same light but at 100% 10h daily and I am starting to get little bit of Green Spot algae so I'll probably start reducing it to 70%.
Can you tell me more about what EI you use and what dosage? thx

I just use this recipe http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/EI.htm with a little added K2SO4 into the Macro mix.if i see any deficiencies i just add a bit extra :thumbup:

Back