• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A better internal filter?

ShropshireLad

On my 125L tank unfortunately I can't use a canister filter as I don't have access to the inside of the cabinet as it is wedged down the side of my sofa! Even if I could use a canister id be weary of spillage during filter maintenace onto my cream carpet in the front room! There's nowhere else this tank can be located.

So I have a Fluval U3 internal, and whilst it gives good flow and is easy to clean, I don't feel like it does a good job on mechanical filtration. I often see bits of detritus and plant matter spitting out of the outlet spray bar - as if it's not trapping it properly.

Are there any better internals out there?

Hi,

What about a hang on filter that you can use for both mechanical and biological filtration as you see fit.

We also use a little APS surface skimmer which has a simple 40mm square of filter floss that collects an amazing amount of muck, but is very easy to remove / change in situ.

Hi all,
Are there any better internals out there?
<"Eheim Aquaball"> or <"Biopower"> internal filters?

Personally I like a <"Maxi-jet powerhead"> and a <"big sponge block">.

-php-attachmentid-15562-stc-1-d-1254795378-jpg-jpg.jpg

cheers Darrel

Back