• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Big Hello from beautiful Brighton!

Mike Moran

Hi Everyone,
So I found your amazing site completely by accident whilst looking for bottle gardens terrariums. I was blown away by the galleries of amazing tanks - wow you guys are talented! I’d never heard of aquascaping but I’ve always loved plants and gardening and I kept an aquarium when I was a kid. Now I make ceramics and terrariums for a living in my studio on Brighton beach. I just couldn’t stop looking at all your tanks and I’ve been reading up and watching scaping videos on YouTube ever since. Last week my hubby bought me my first tank from the nice chaps at Aquariums Gardens and I’m in the process of setting it up. I love eco stuff and I’m a total newbie so I’m going to try a low energy non-co2 tank with a mix of supposedly easy plants. No doubt I’ll make loads of mistakes so I’d appreciate any advice/feedback you have....I’ll try and post my progress as I go. Thanks for having me, looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks guys. a warm welcome indeed. That was a speedy response! I’ve started a journal as you suggest. Will post the hardscape progress shortly. It involves rocks and a large (and probably not very sensible) branch!

Hi Mike welcome to ukaps mate hope you have a great first journey the most important thing is patience and as always we are here to help as much as we can
Cheers
Jay

Back