• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A bugs life...

Mark Evans

Expert
my wife capture this house fly, and came up with an ingenious way of keeping it in one place whilst keeping it temporarily alive.....must be the Russian in her.

anyway, pics weve all seena million times before, but it was great to do it myself.

fly1.jpg

john starkey said:
Quality pic mark,
regards john

cheers mr S :D

rawr said:
Eurgh, I hate these things!

:lol:

rawr said:
How did she keep it down then?

wrestled it to the ground ;)

Jase said:
Awesome pic Mark!

thanks jase. :thumbup:

JamesM said:
Apart from the fact its a fly of course. Way worse than moths. Horrible little buggers :twisted:

:lol: and i thought you were a rufty tufty Welshman

viktorlantos said:
Did you used ECA to make the eyes this red? :lol:

i'm not sure what ECA is :D

the only processing was exposure correction (for the fly). no sharpening. and curves to blow the highlights. place on white frame.

cheers viktor. :thumbup:

chump54 said:
like a fly paper?

no, but a good idea actually :p

you see, i've been struggling the last few days. i can of course catch the bugs, but to keep the damn things still is a PITA. hats off to the pros who manage it.

You froze the sucker :bored: Although it looks like his little feet are stuck down...

Are there anymore fly photos, btw?

Great macro :) you getting the hang of these now ;) time to take the camera in the field and start shooting bugs, just get a nice Macro flash unit ;)

You gave it too much vodka :p

Back