• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

a couple of Q's

Nick16

hi guys, a quick couple of questions.

has anyone tried the little pressurized co2 bottles you can buy in tescos? they are small, i think about 500g but are very cheap at about £3, and i think you can get them to refil them for free or for very little if you bring the old bottles back. They are normally located near the alcohol isles. Obviously they are used for fizzy drinks etc. I take it the co2 will be safe to use? i will have a check of the thread size but i guess it fairly standard (12mm i think??)

Secondly, my arcadia luminaire get very very hot. Im not sure if this is meant to be right? It is a 120cm 4x54w T5. I might invest in a cooling fan (black ones that clip on the side of your tank), but are they any good? has anyone got one?
i can see the advantages in the summers as my tanks get fairly warm, for a few dyas this year i totally switched the heater off and it was fine, even at night.

Nick

Cannot help you with your first question.

As for you second question - my unit get very warm - any wet cleaning cloths are soon dried when placed on the top.

Regards
paul.

i use them bottles :thumbup: they are sodastream ones they are 22mm which is the same size as an FE but they would not fit onto my aquamedic reg because the thread starts further down the bottleso they could not connect at all. i did use them on my hydor reg and they are good for the price

ahh super, i saw them in the shop and i was like hmmmm!!!
so they work on hydor regs? what size tank do you use them on, and how long does it take before you go through one?
can you shed any light on how much its costs for a replacement?

do you know of any other regs it might fit on?

they work on the advanced hyodr but not the cheaper one as they are smaller. i cant say how long they lasted tbh because they reg started leaking through the ajuster and sometimes lasted a week others a month but thats with a leak. that was on a 30l nano at about 1bps but it would last a lot longer than that without the leak.

i m not sure what other regs they fit on as long as it has a deep-ish thread it will be ok. the FE's have an indent where the seal in if you get what i mean. so they reg goes inside the the FE

heres a pic:

FEhorn.jpg

you see the hole in the FE where the co2 comes out? the sodastream are flat so the part that goes into it cant and so the thread doesnt touch the bottle thread. if you can understand me? its hard to describe it.

im a little lost, :lol:
i dont really want to risk it as regs are expensive and i was hoping this might be a very cheap option. life isnt simple is it!! :D

its ok, dont worry about the explanation, if the reg fits, be sure to send me a link of it.

i bet i will forget to turn it off at night though!! :lol:

Back