• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Couple of Questions About My New Regulator

spill50

Evening chaps,

I received my new regulator for my 30L setup today (only took 2.5 weeks from China) it seems like a like a solid bit of kit. Hopefully my glassware and FE will arrive tomorrow.

Anyway it's a bit different to my other one and I have a couple of questions, so if someone doesnt mind helping out :D (photos below so you know what I'm babbling about).

First, the solenoid is rated 100-230V and came with an adapter for the plug. Can I just chop the current plug off and replace it with a standard 3 pin UK plug? I'd prefer not to have to use the adapter if I don't have to.

Second, the big big knob on the front is labelled on the box as being the "Working pressure adjustable knob", turning it to high tightens it and turning it to low loosens it. It also says on the box "not to adjust the working pressure to the largest , to avoid working pressure gauge being broken". The knob was loose in the box when it arrived. How tight do I need it to be when attaching the regulator to the FE?

Third, the needle valve. Does this need to be tight or loose when I attach if the the FE?

Cheers, Richard

30l-photo-008.jpg

30l-photo-009.jpg

having not long had the same reg,

i would use the adaptor as it prob changes the voltage

just have the knob on slightly or off completly it doesnt matter, it only needs turnig a small bit to get the desired pressure

needle valve again doesnt matter, rite in is off and again only needs a turn or so to get a good rate.

Hi i have 2 of these regs..there the dogs................

1.i use the adaptors..check with an electrician if your cutting the plugs..to be on the safe side
2.close the needle valve.
3.attach the reg to the fe.
.screw the knob into the reg[ hand tight] until it stops turning ....that means the reg is not releasing any co2
the more you turn it the tighter it gets,the more gas is released.the higher the pressure
4.open the needle valve.
5.the pressure will drop.
6.now its time to adjust to what you need....

hope this helps...

cheers

Thanks guys, that's a great help. Just one question though,

m_attt said:
just have the knob on slightly or off completly it doesnt matter, it only needs turnig a small bit to get the desired pressure

thingymajig said:
.screw the knob into the reg[ hand tight] until it stops turning ....that means the reg is not releasing any co2 the more you turn it the tighter it gets,the more gas is released.the higher the pressure

Do I tighten the knob or leave it loose? Surely tightening it will give me a high pressure, shouldn't I be aiming for a low pressure of about 2 bar?

loose, but you need to screw it on, its a few turns before it starts yo adjust the pressure.

if you feel safer put the reg on the bottle, so gas is going into the reg, then screw the handle on.

Back