• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A crazy question from a crazy person

LondonDragon said:
I always say it "youkay-aps" as the you would say "YouKay" for the United Kingdom.

Same here

My mates / family can't understand why I'm never happy with a tank - my wife commented today that she noticed the Heteranthera Zosterifolia has left my tank again :lol: (and that was it's last chance)

chris1004 said:
Is there a special hanshake that I should know about???? :)

You mean you don't know the handshake? :eek:

TDI-line said:
simondoherty1 said:
chris1004 said:
Is there a special hanshake that I should know about???? :)

You mean you don't know the handshake? :eek:

Only the Founders know the special hand shake.... :lol:

I thought the "handshake" was shouting...

<Toxic> You-Kaps-BABY

at the top of your voice.
Note: the toxic bit is optional.

You-Kaps all the way. I have done a couple of meets - FoF x 2 and a TGM meet though it needed to be said.

To my friends - not only am I weird enough to be doing a degree in Biochemistry and love it, I am "fishy" and are on forums for that. Do I really need to go any weirder (geekier)?

OK while were on the topic, what's the general census of opinion of the pronunciation (yes pronunciation not pronounciation) of algae is it:

1) Al-gay
2) Al-gee
3) Al-jay
4) Al-jee

:?: :?:

And, yes I'm sure, most have you have never had to utter the word! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it depends on if you're american or not. For me it's always been alg-ee.

It is al-gee. My mum calls it al-jee. I wince every time. At first it was by mistake, I swear she does it now just to wind me up. :twisted:

I always say U-K-aps by the way!

Other option is Al-guy?

The al-jays are definitely an Americanism.

Are there different pronunciations for multiple types of algae and one for a singular type. i.e: al-gee plural and al-guy singular or versa visa :?:

Back