• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A different Iwagumi - now with video

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team

This is my white cloud mountain minnow biotope that is featured in the Dec PFK.

Stones collected from Cornwall.

Clean and simple.

fulltank-1.jpg

overview.jpg

angle.jpg

group.jpg

overview.jpg

single2.jpg

single-1.jpg

Re: A different Iwagumi!

I really like that George! It seems weird to say that, when there's no plants, but it works well :) I can imagine the rocks looking more aged with the odd bit of algae on them when the scape has aged a bit more :D

Where in Cornwall George? You know its against the law to remove the Queen's property from our shore lines, right? :lol:

Anyway, lovely plantless scape :thumbup:

very nice George, your doing yourself proud on the biotope series, loved the british one. keep it up! :D

Urgh, what half a bag of AS some hairgrass and moss wouldn't do to this scape, it just looks unfinished!

It's really nice, I'm certain you could have justified some moss stones in there?

Hi george,
i saw this in pfk and instantly liked it,as you know im not a fan of non-plant biotopes but i like this one very much,and like you white clouds were one of my first species,nice layout wel done george,
regards john.

ps,i thought this months pfk is one of the best issues this year, great reading.

Stunning scape George, It's hard to believe that something so low maintenance can look so good.
I'm sure i've seen those rocks before somewhere, and if i'm right they were adorned by plastic plants :D

Cheers,
James

Stunning George :thumbup:

It looks like you've polished the glass, glasswear, stones, water and even the fish...how do you get your tanks to look so immaculate? :?

Another cracking scape to your cracking collecion...looking forward to your ADA style Iwagumi!

Mark

Superman said:
It is a beautiful tank, I might setup something similar.
As I'd like a larger tank in the new house but low maint.
What was your maint. regime George?
Thanks, Clark.

Feed fish twice daily. 1/3 water change per week. Clean glass every water change. Clean glassware and filter every month, usually when I set up a new biotope...

James Marshall said:
Stunning scape George, It's hard to believe that something so low maintenance can look so good.
I'm sure i've seen those rocks before somewhere, and if i'm right they were adorned by plastic plants :D

Cheers,
James
Me and plastic plants? Sorry, you have have me confused with someone else! :lol:

Thanks mate.

myboyshay said:
Stunning George :thumbup:

It looks like you've polished the glass, glasswear, stones, water and even the fish...how do you get your tanks to look so immaculate? :?

Another cracking scape to your cracking collecion...looking forward to your ADA style Iwagumi!

Mark
Thanks, Mark!

Just regular maintenance and careful photography mate.

I really really like this, can't put my finger on why but I just do. :lol: Although there's something not quite right about it for me, again I can't quite put my finer on it... I think the main stone looks a bit out of place for me. Still, like others have said another cracking aquascape to add to your growing collection!

beuty shot and scape George. i still did not get my PFK but i've seen this as the cover photo in the new issue.
i can tell you this is one of the best cover on PFK this year :D

the photo is really awesome and i love these rocks. congrat mate!

WOW that is Amazing, I really like the look of it even with out any plants in it.

Back