• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A fool and his money...

Haha, first picture is definitely tidier than mine however the second picture is horrific :D

12886028804_39c19e5637_b.jpg

12885740353_c11401ac02_b.jpg

Bear in mind it's still not fully planted yet of course ;)

Still ten pots of Eleocharis mini, two pots of P.Erectus, two pots of E.Tenellus and two pots of Weeping moss

Attachments

• 12886028804_39c19e5637_b.jpg
    12886028804_39c19e5637_b.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 81
  • 12885740353_c11401ac02_b.jpg
    12885740353_c11401ac02_b.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 83
Final plants that are going in so far.

Hygrophila Polysperma
Rotala Rotundifolia
Alternanthera Rosafolia Mini
Echinodorus Tenellus
Staurogyne Repens
Juncus Repens
Pogostemon Erectus
Pogostemon Helferi
Eleocharis Acicularis
Eleocharis Mini
Weeping moss

Not really enjoying the Redmoor Rootwood too much so have just ordered some Manzanita wood which should be here Thursday/Friday.

Will look much nicer than what I currently have!

Personally I find that manzi is slightly over rated in the planted tank hobby. It seems time that people feel it will make the scape. I think your redmoor looks fantastic but I guess its down to personal taste :D

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Personally I find that manzi is slightly over rated in the planted tank hobby. It seems time that people feel it will make the scape. I think your redmoor looks fantastic but I guess its down to personal taste :D

I understand what you mean buddy. Been thinking about it for ages. There's just something not quite right with the Rootwood I feel, been staring at it for ages and I think it needs to be changed.

Anyways this is the Manzanita I am getting.

12957187304_0b3fb9d788_b.jpg

12957187604_6de085dca4_b.jpg

Those pieces do look rather nice :D

I'm always afraid to change thing for fear of hating it!

Those pieces do look rather nice :D

I'm always afraid to change thing for fear of hating it!

I could always change it if I don't like it, knowing me i'll change it in another few weeks or so :p

I already have a plan for this tank once this scape is done and finished!

Spend a good amount of the day chopping and changing the tank, drained filled up, moved around, god knows what. You guy will soon learn that I won't stop messing around till it's perfect :p

The final scape is done, these photos are teasers. I have finished it and it is different to the photos, I reckon i've spent 8 hours today on it!

13047403735_37cb90ed99_b.jpg

13047521273_4b770e7e1d_b.jpg

looks awesome! you'd be glad you didnt go for Heteranthera Zosterifolia, i have it in my low tech and i have to prune it at least once a week! it grows like a weed! cant wait to see this tank fully established!

looks awesome! you'd be glad you didnt go for Heteranthera Zosterifolia, i have it in my low tech and i have to prune it at least once a week! it grows like a weed! cant wait to see this tank fully established!
Cheers buddy, I have H.Polysperma and I trim it every 4-5 days so far, it's crazy. It least trimming only takes a few mins. Nothing compared to doing a full tank test on my marines...

haha i can imagine! i havent got the minerals to go salty! one day! hows the Pogostemon Erectus going? i haven't had the chance to use any yet! i'm going to be setting up a 200l in the next couple of weeks and i will be getting some!
its going to be my first journal! so hopefuly people will be nice about it as im pretty sure i'll make some Muck ups!

haha i can imagine! i havent got the minerals to go salty! one day! hows the Pogostemon Erectus going? i haven't had the chance to use any yet! i'm going to be setting up a 200l in the next couple of weeks and i will be getting some!
its going to be my first journal! so hopefuly people will be nice about it as im pretty sure i'll make some Muck ups!
Haha, marines seem easy compared to planted tanks sometimes. It's certainly more hands off but everything has to be perfect which makes it more difficult. Not got any P.Erectus in yet, I have P.Helferi in there. The Erectus is pretty easy to look after... You going co2 set-up? Seems most people have issues with the Pogostemon variety when soft water is used.

You''ll be ok, seems a great community... So far :D

Back