• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

a generall query regarding plants that match

im wanting to set up a jungle tank...but with a twist...a HC carpet, has anyone ever done this before? its just that you dont see many jungle tanks with HC...does anyone have any pics?

thanks, jack

I would use glosso, I belive it would fit in better with the size of the plants in a jungle tank :)

TDI-line said:
Hi Jack,

good idea but i think the thing you'll find that the jungle may block out most of the light for the greedy HC. :?:

HC isnt really a high light plant...more of a high CO2 and ferts plant IMO

There is a tank in the journals forum that has a HC carpet on the left, then on the right there's some rocks then Crypts etc. It looks like the edge of a jungle clearing.

I can't be bothered to look for it, but it'll be quite high up. ;)

Jack middleton said:
TDI-line said:
Hi Jack,

good idea but i think the thing you'll find that the jungle may block out most of the light for the greedy HC. :?:

HC isnt really a high light plant...more of a high CO2 and ferts plant IMO

I agree with both statements here!!! I don't think it is a highlight plant either and it is indeed a greedy CO2 plant. However I think even under lower light it still requires DIRECT light and therefore is never seen under shaded areas.

I am testing the 'high CO2' theory too at the moment. lol

AC

i think a jungle scpae is wood with overgrown plants mingling in to look natural, not well pruned or particularly planned out well either

Now, now Aaron. I wouldn't say Jungle means overgrown plants. Just that they are not trimmed to fit in. More a case of letting them realise a more natural form. IT still gets pruned and tidied but not 'shaped'.

Takes quite a bit of thought in the planning process for it to look good because you have to envisage what it will be like without being able to 'reshape' it via pruning too :)

AC

Back