• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A good floater.

Murphy-18

Hi, i have 1.3wpg on my tank, and i would really like a floating plant which grows quite long roots, I've been looking at Frogbit or Salvinia, but my question is will either of these grow with no co2, is co2 needed for them? I dose the tank with Flourish Excel.

Also i am wondering if anyone could suggest a suitable carpet foreground plant that wil do well in my tank?

Help very much appreciated folks :)

Would glosso, or dwarf clover cope well do you think?, I've saw alot of tanks with them in and really like the look of it. I know that they have to be planted in the open as they dont do well in shaded areas.

Cheers :)

What's Dwarf Clover? Are you referring to HC?

You need more light than you currently have to grow Glosso and HC. At least around 2-2.5WPG.

Yes, i meant dwarf water clover (Marsilea Minuta)

It says on plant geek that this requires medium low light, should i try it?

Thanks again

Hi folks, would that dwarf water clover stuff cope well in my tank do you think? should i at least consider trying it. I've just picked up some dry tpn stuff also, im gonna start dosing that aswell as excel.

Cheers for any input.

Back