• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A happy home for fish?

aec34

I’ve recently set up a Dennerle Scaper tank 35 l. The plan was to keep caridina shrimp in it, but now I’m wondering whether it could reasonably be home to tiny fish instead.
It’s only been planted two weeks so lots more maturing to do either way and no creatures for a while, but I’m after advice about what is and isn’t a good idea. I know this isn’t a big tank in fish terms, but it will always be fairly heavily planted and jungly.
09DFA07A-C7D8-44D4-9D8C-94B4B09A361F.jpeg

I was going to use remin-ed rainwater for the shrimp, as I do in my other tank. My water is ‘moderately hard’ (KH 9, GH10) as it comes out the tap.

I was wondering about a number of corydoras pygmaeus, but I’m not sure about having the space for enough of them to keep them happy.
Advice welcome, even if it’s stick to shrimp…

Might be a better fit for a single fish that's not a rapid mover, rather than a shoal. A betta maybe? Single pea puffer, badis, etc.

Thanks all. I hadn’t thought about Endlers - they seem pretty small and peaceful. I’m not so keen to go down the Betta route, they’ve always seemed a bit fussy/fighty.

I kept a group of 6 Pygmys in a fluval edge 23L for around a year and they seemed happy, they even bred, they are packed full of personality.
I upgraded my tank so there now in a 50L now

I think my tap’s too hard for bororas? (I’d like to stick to tap if possibly.) Happy to be corrected…
Yes it would be, however if you was going to use rainwater for the Caridina this would also be fine for the boraras.

Back