• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A huge thanks to UKAPS :)

Thanks guys, this will be more Nature Aquarium style as I like to grow plants and not just stare at rocks, I am not really fussed too much on the hardscape ;) This will also be a long term aquascape and will be like my last one, evolve from one to another by changing/re-arranging some plants :)

Tank just filled up with the new light on it :) with the thumb protector it was now possible to replace the pipes and connect the rest of the stuff :)

2016-10-29 20.17.17.jpg

How the cabinet looks inside:

2016-10-29 20.20.44.jpg

I am not sure the filter is strong enough for this tank with the equipment, I might have to get a stronger filter, need to perform some tests and see.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Looking great Paulo.

Why not take the balls out of the AM1000? They restrict the flow no end and arent needed to dissolve the co2. The filter and an Eheim skim should be adequate flow i'd of thought.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the scape fella :thumbup:

Re you going to try an in tank twinstar as well?

Why not take the balls out of the AM1000? They restrict the flow no end and arent needed to dissolve the co2. The filter and an Eheim skim should be adequate flow i'd of thought.
Thanks Iain, I might get rid of them or I might just use a ceramic diffuser in the tank in the end, I have tried the AM1000 before and wasn't too sure about it. I do have a couple of Koralia I can throw in there if needed be.

Re you going to try an in tank twinstar as well?
I am not sure about that ;) I can always throw one in there if it comes my away lol :p

With the pieces I have I did manage to come up with this so far, still needs some work and that is not the final substrate, it will be Tropica soil, just need to get the plant list sorted and make a start, I have everything now, took delivery of a 5Kg CO2 cylinder last week, so just thinking what to use in terms of fertelizers, I was thinking going down the dry salts route, might start with that and see where that goes!

17273137_1425551370818079_1560863400_o.jpg

Cheers
Paulo

A big congratulations on being awarded this beautiful tank, being appreciated is fantastic, so also a big well done to UKAPS.

I love that tank, it is stunning, and starting to look good. I personally always prefer as natural looking tank as possible, but have never managed to do the sort of natural environment, that Betta's live in, so a big well done.

Thinking some nice stems at the back, want something red, then buces and anubias, ferns in the middle and then want a full carpet at the front and right side. If the carpet fails then I will just convert it to a sand front and side.

Back