• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
paddling pools in, now wheres the aquarium :)
have fun with it pal, we wait months/years (longer for some :p ) to get our hands dirty with a new tank and rescape so be sure to pop open a beer and embrace every leaking pipe, floating wood and wobbly stone.

Hi Alastair:) I'm sure you are going to be very busy today. Have a great time with it mate !!! Looking forward to this planted.:happy:

Thanks faizal. Ten hours straight with out sitting down. My back had had enough after so long. Very enjoyable though im happy as it is at present. Planted up as much as can do today.
paddling pools in, now wheres the aquarium :)
have fun with it pal, we wait months/years (longer for some :p ) to get our hands dirty with a new tank and rescape so be sure to pop open a beer and embrace every leaking pipe, floating wood and wobbly stone.
.ha ha thanks mate. I really wanted to run to the pound shopband get some plastic ducks to float on it just for a comical shot but didnt want to get distracted. It does seem huge compared to the last one. . Im going to enjoy a very nice freezing cold beer when its finished mate. Sticking up a couple of pics tonight and the rest tomorrow when I charge the decent camera :)

Here's to a fresh start and a clean run this time.

Well, I say clean. I mean muddy.

Touch wood no muddy mess ;)

Putting down the base soil with a small cap and lots of free ada additives I was given...

8755603954_0a9d3cdeb4_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

8754481815_a3aa99e94b_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr my helper giving a pose

8755606978_7cf3ba444c_b.jpg

Topping off

8755608786_78003efea6_b.jpg

And a little planted section on the wood with invitro hygro pinnatifida just to see how it works.

8754487047_15be1571ca_b.jpg

I did do most of the stuff but just happened to be behind the camera on these shots lol

Ive got all the wood planted up and all the copies amounts of tennelus are in too. Hopefully will be able to get some better pics tomorrow when its all done.

I Also will have a full new range of fertilisers and root tabs ive been sent out to test that arent available over here yet so will pop pics up and give the lowdown on those too. They look very promising. Quite excited to try them. Might have fair bit spare too if anyone's interested as was sent lots.

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone

I've just read your journals, the chocolate puddle was brilliant, really liked that, sorry for your troubles with this current one but things looking up now!, ill be following this closely

bet you thought the day would never come!!

was the "new" ferts a pack of digestive biscuits? :)

Looking great so far.

If you do end up with any spare root tabs/ferts I would love to give them a go :)
Absolutely mate, ill send you some if you like.....
I've just read your journals, the chocolate puddle was brilliant, really liked that, sorry for your troubles with this current one but things looking up now!, ill be following this closely

Thanks Lee, fingers crossed this will allllllll be trouble free :thumbup:
Very nice.
Thanks monk

bet you thought the day would never come!!

was the "new" ferts a pack of digestive biscuits? :)
well it seemed that way mate, its been a very long few months ill be glad when the fish finally get their reward for being cooped up in the tubs. 3 times theyve seen their prospective new home ha ha. the biscuits were definitely my source of food for the whole day, and i never eat them normally. i owe my little girl a pack of biscuits...oops

Looking superb already Alistair :thumbup: don't make your public wait to long for update pics!
Good to see the digestive biscuits took a hammering,got to keep your strength up :D

Glad you think so miranda, i certainly wont ill be throwing up some pics right about ............now!!

heres a few pictures i took today with my camera. i need to work out all the settings on it so it doesnt look dark etc so looks like i need to have a read through the photography section to work it all out.

looks a bit untidy at present but need to trim off the roots of the anubias..

and i also need to put some beading around the base to hide the unsightly polystyrene i had to put undr for guarantee purposes.

8759596194_41a450d178_b.jpg
DSC00739 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

8758465877_83a5879d54_b.jpg
DSC00750 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

8758467755_49d9e53706_b.jpg

8759588246_06cb5ae153_b.jpg
DSC00751 by Mr-T-, on Flickr
DSC00749 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

and the hygro pinnitifida in a planted section on the wood

8759619910_b6e8a65a15_b.jpg
DSC00758 by Mr-T-, on Flickr

looks great! will look brilliant when its grown in!

the fish will thinking they're going back into a lake not a tank!

Bet your chuffed to bits to have it all up and running mate....and dare I say a touch relieved!
Looks great and will be an incredible new home for your fish.
Really looking forward to following this journey now and I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Yeah and the tank looks so huge. The sense of depth is amazing. Nice one Alastair.:) The emmersed growth at the centre of the tank adds an attractive touch to the whole scape too.

Back