• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

..... A little teaser!

krazypara3165

IMG_20121114_191314.jpg

near enough all equipment has arrived :D the build begins!

Did you get the tank and filters from All Pond Solutions? The tank looks the same as my 4 foot one from there. If you got the filter that came with the tank and a second one then I would be wary. I was running the tank initially with an Eheim 350 external and the supplied All Pond Solutions model. Quickly found that the cheaper filter was useless so I changed it for another eheim. Love the tank though.

hogan53 said:
Mmmmm
That's a shame, looks like a nice configuration....what filter are they from anyway.
hoggie

standard APS filters all come with the surface skimmer. unfortunately they sit to far down the pipe to be useful as they'er always under the water level (unless you only half filll the tank) and they float off their sliders making them useless.

You can remove that section of the outflow pipe and push the strainer cage straight onto the down pipe instead

krazypara3165 said:
in the middle is the two intakes for the filters, they are surface skimmers. i am currently hunting for the 'caps so i can remove them and cap them off. and noted ill try and raise it higher!
Looks great,
id be inclined to leave the skimmers as i think its a great addition, Gary Nelson 'pimped' his latest corner tank to include a skimmer and it keeps the surface spotless.
Also is the cabinet illuminated as standard or have you added the lighting? 8)
Look forward to watching this one progress.
Cheerio,
Ady.

I have the 2000lph model. I found that the uplift was quite loud and wasn't a fan of the surface skimmer, what I did removed it and shoved the uplift into the hose which eliminated the noise. I think they are good filters but the plastic connections are quite cheap think that was causing the noise.

hogan53 said:
Mmmmm
That's a shame, looks like a nice configuration....what filter are they from anyway.
hoggie

The filters are 2, 2000lph all pond solutions external filters. had one attached to my other 4ft for a week until the glass gave way. for the money there cracking.
Ady34 said:
krazypara3165 said:
in the middle is the two intakes for the filters, they are surface skimmers. i am currently hunting for the 'caps so i can remove them and cap them off. and noted ill try and raise it higher!
Looks great,
id be inclined to leave the skimmers as i think its a great addition, Gary Nelson 'pimped' his latest corner tank to include a skimmer and it keeps the surface spotless.
Also is the cabinet illuminated as standard or have you added the lighting? 8)
Look forward to watching this one progress.
Cheerio,
Ady.

.....might keep the skimmer, it will depend on my water level. there is no under unit lighting..... as of yet, but i will be installing some at a later date. there is no top on the cabinet, only an external frame so at the moment the light goes straight through.
MikeG747 said:
Did you get the tank and filters from All Pond Solutions? The tank looks the same as my 4 foot one from there. If you got the filter that came with the tank and a second one then I would be wary. I was running the tank initially with an Eheim 350 external and the supplied All Pond Solutions model. Quickly found that the cheaper filter was useless so I changed it for another eheim. Love the tank though.
i did indeed, for the price you cant really go wrong. in my other tank i never had issues with flow, so id imagine with two i should be ok. either way if i have problems in the future i can still upgrade.

Derek Tweedie said:
I have the 2000lph model. I found that the uplift was quite loud and wasn't a fan of the surface skimmer, what I did removed it and shoved the uplift into the hose which eliminated the noise. I think they are good filters but the plastic connections are quite cheap think that was causing the noise.
yeah the plastic connections leave a lot to be desired. what do yo mean 'the uplift?' im assuming thats the telescopic part on the intakes?

Back