A new Addition!

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by mattyc, 7 Sep 2009.

1. mattyc

mattyc Member

my Mrs decided she wanted a pet because i have my fish. we went for a trip to The Reptile Room and came back with a 4ft vivarium and a baby bearded dragon (called BeeBee).

This is Him,
    Image0126.jpg

2. altaaffe

altaaffe Member

Very nice.

Must be depressing for you though - seeing another glass box in the room with no water, fish & plants in it. :lol:

3. mattyc

mattyc Member

yes i just want to get the hose pipe out and fill it up. dont thing he or the Mrs would like that though :lol:

This is his house,
    Image0125.jpg

4. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

MattyC

Look on the bright side - there is some water within the tank "a water bowl" not quite big enough for any fish or plants, I could have understood your logic if you had come home with some turtles - not a much water as an fish tank - but more water than a drinking bowl.

Paul.

5. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Very nice, I could see myself coming home with a new hobby if I ever visited the Reptile Room :lol:

I would probably get a dart frog then at least I could have some emersed growth anubias, cryps and echs in the tank ;)

Sam

6. bugs

bugs Member

His tank looks a little bare. Apparently they're in to aquariums, perhaps a nano? Seems a shame to waste the light...

7. mattyc

mattyc Member

he is only 12 cm long and the viv is 4ft 120 cm long. but he will grow to nearly 2 ft.

8. glenn

glenn Member

you could allways turn it in to a propagating tank, if any thing should happen to him :angelic:
    whats the reptile room like, i have only seen pics and it looks so professional.

9. mattyc

mattyc Member

they all know their stuff and it is as profesionak as it looks. all the animals look verry helpfull which is what you want from any shop!!

10. Gill

Gill Member

Cool, Really Like beardies.
    rob (r+s aquatics) usually lets me handle his big female 5+years old. Very Mild mannered and very handable sp?.

11. chilled84

chilled84 Member

I know this has nothing to do with this post but im hopeing u can help. Im real stuck. Its my first time here and cant upload pictures! HELP! please. Be apreciated.

12. glenn

glenn Member

13. chilled84

chilled84 Member

Thank you so much. And thanks for welcome. Im soo new at this forum and at the hobby. This is my first tank, Took on alot for first tank too. Hope u visit my post in pics hopefully! Cheers. :D

14. mattyc

mattyc Member

He had his first bath last night, i think he liked it. he then fell asleap in his towel waching tv. :D

15. ScottYalloP

ScottYalloP Member

So kool ive always wanted a bearded dragon but never had the room to keep them :( , with 4 tanks running i don't think id be allowed lol.
    keep us updated :thumbup:

16. mattyc

mattyc Member

i am doing weekly updated picks to see how much he grows will put some more up soon. Thanks :D 8)

17. mr. luke

mr. luke Member

Nice beardie :D
    Only thing i could suggest is if there isnt already one, make a space along the front ..... they like to run if they have the space :D

18. mattyc

mattyc Member

their is a log in the right back corner and the left and front is open. thanks for the idea i will keep it clear for him. :D