• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Congrats Ian the scape is looking awesome :) been looking into these tanks also as they seem good value for money! going to keep an eye on this one for sure :clap: :thumbup:

Hi there. I see from the first page you have used Tropica underneath the sand. Do you mean this stuff ... Tropica Plant Substrate 2.5 litre ? And can I ask how much you used in a tank that size ? I really like the look of that sand too. It would be good to know quantity again so I can work out how much I might order for my new tank Im hoping to buy next month.

thank you all again, i really appreciate the comments.

Hi there. I see from the first page you have used Tropica underneath the sand. Do you mean this stuff ... Tropica Plant Substrate 2.5 litre ? And can I ask how much you used in a tank that size ? I really like the look of that sand too. It would be good to know quantity again so I can work out how much I might order for my new tank Im hoping to buy next month.

Yep, thats the stuff. I think i used just 2.5 ltrs, again i used about 10-15kgs of sand. I have used the Tropica stuff in nano tanks and its worked well. We'll see how it fairs in this one.

I thought i'd get some pics in the light of the cabinet, inside and out.

8438602292_51b0801404_z.jpg
inside by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

8438563256_c25ed85be2_z.jpg
cabinet shot by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

I love the look of this scape and tank Ian, all that moss has given it an instant mature feel, that and the mega bolbitis! What fish have you got there, Embers?
thats nice and tidy mate, think ive got the kitchen sink in my cabinet :lol:
Ditto, was going to say the same, that is the most clutter free cabinet I've ever seen!
Great job.
Ady

thats nice and tidy mate, think ive got the kitchen sink in my cabinet :lol:
It's only been up for a few days! Give it a couple of weeks and it'll be crammed.

OK Great thank you. Your tank certainly shows us how it should be done. Im very impressed.

Thank you again Jason.

I love the look of this scape and tank Ian, all that moss has given it an instant mature feel, that and the mega bolbitis! What fish have you got there, Embers?

Ditto, was going to say the same, that is the most clutter free cabinet I've ever seen!
Great job.
Ady

Thank you ady, and you spotted the fish! They are my harlequins out of my last tank, they will help to keep the filter ticking over. I was impressed with the bolbitis. It's really healthy as well.

The set up looks really nice. Silicone is much neater than my Natural Aquario tank.

Thats a worry o_O i know they have made changes to quality standards though...
Your right though Dan, its an impressive bit of kit for the price!!

Cosmic. How many A.nana 'pots'/portions have you got in there?

Thank you guys <3

Cosmic. How many A.nana 'pots'/portions have you got in there?

Thank you for the comment, I took the anubias out of the old scape. It was only two posts, there's probably 8 posts worth in there now.

Very nice mate - it really does look so neat, the sense of scale on the scape is brilliant! It suits your room well too, your mrs must be pleased? :)

Cheers Gary! The mrs is very happy with this style of tank in the living room. She stated that the old one looked old fashioned compared to this one. She's a good un really.

Back