• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I
The distance from the substrate I mean...10 to 15 cm should have been the distance from the water surface....how about from the substrate?

Sorry, I never really did any measurements, but on an estimate, I would say...the tank was 30cm high, the LED was 10-15cms from the surface, so on the safe side I'd say about 45cms.

I

Sorry, I never really did any measurements, but on an estimate, I would say...the tank was 30cm high, the LED was 10-15cms from the surface, so on the safe side I'd say about 45cms.

Hi Ian

I am planning to get a tank 60 x 40 x 40 and use the 1500ND TMC tile suspended above the tank. Do you reckon the light will be sufficient?

Have you had any problems with the light?

Update time...

I have done a couple of things of late. I have added another small filter on the left side of the tank. Now that the tank is grown in the co2 just wasn't pushing round the back left. This resulted in a bit of crypt melt. Which has now resolved.

Just a small hydor rated at 600lph.
View attachment 34511
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

There is now some eliocharis sp at the back. This gives a nicer effect IMO
View attachment 34512

Micronthemum Monte Carlo
View attachment 34513

Some more bucephalandra

View attachment 34514

View attachment 34515

View attachment 34516
Hi Ian. I just love this tank. It is my inspiration for my forthcoming first planted tank. For me, this is the perfect aquascape. Thank you :)

Back