• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A New Start - continued progress

Looking fantastic - I really like this tank. How did you dose the vinegar - treat the whole tank or spot dose with a pipette?

I spot dosed with a pipette. It's not great for the surrounding plants, so you need to be very careful. I lost some moss when I tried.

Reactions: Ray
I had a go at what might be my final shot of this tank this morning - although I may let the stems grow out and try again in a week or so. Will see how it goes! For now, I'm fairly happy with this. Far from perfect and had a lot of issues in the process, but I'm pleased how it's recovered.

Thanks to those who have helped along the way :)

Also, yes, I bleached the rock on the right-hand-side, and the algae is yet to come back! It looks a little odd.

Final Small.jpg

Funny thing is that I really like the way this looks with those two HOB filters. I enjoy seeing what keeps these ticking over to an extent.

I was wondering if you would let nature take this one over now or do you have other plans for it?
Simon.

Love it, the stems may look better with new growth to soften the cut edge for final photo if time allows :thumbup:

Nice shot but you may use an wide angle lens next time ;)

Thanks - I actually took shots at several different focal lengths, but I tend to like longer lengths for small tanks - maybe it's just me! Here's a wider shot. After I took it, I wished I'd waited until the stems had grown in more. Maybe I'll shoot it again soon, but it's looking a little overgrown now.

Final 2 Small.jpg

Funny thing is that I really like the way this looks with those two HOB filters. I enjoy seeing what keeps these ticking over to an extent.

I was wondering if you would let nature take this one over now or do you have other plans for it?
Simon.

I need the filter and CO2 unit for the Mini M that's currently in the dry-start phase. My wife wants to keep shrimp through, so we may drop the lights right down and keep it running low-tech. Might have a little re-design though.

Love it, the stems may look better with new growth to soften the cut edge for final photo if time allows :thumbup:

I think you're right. My stem-trimming technique leaves a lot to be desired. I can't get them to grow at the same rate, even after four trims. They keep doing their own thing. The lower stems take about a month to produce new leaves, but the top stems are much quicker - just all slightly different!

Your tank looks great! You should definately keep it running. Looking forward to seeing the mini M.
I have just set up a 10l aquarium and I’m struggling to find a filter to run on it as I only have 12cm depth at the back due to the raised substrate at the rear.
Would the Eheim fit as I’m running a diy foam filter currently which isn’t great.
Also what co2 system are you using? As I want to ad co2 to my tank without it taking up lots of room.
This is the tank Iv just set up. Hope you don’t mind the questions?

Attachments

• E9F5B230-BCF6-48B1-B163-6FA7387D1160.jpeg
    E9F5B230-BCF6-48B1-B163-6FA7387D1160.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
Would the Eheim fit as I’m running a diy foam filter currently which isn’t great.

You can make it fit. If you use the original plastic pipes, you can cut the intake to whatever size you need.

Also what co2 system are you using?

I'm using the discontinued Do!Aqua set with disposable bottles. I couldn't find a proper CO2 reg and large bottles locally.

Back