• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A new way of making your tank lighting better

maybe he should get some new tubes, put them in and then rest the hood upside down whilst the lights are turned on he, he

Andy

Sorry didn't mean to bash. I just thought 'how on earth can anyone think that this is good.

I feel like a naughty schoolkid now. Oh well. BACK to the books. lol

Andy

Hi, sorry I just had to respond to this, it's pretty simple actually, I have a T5 pendant above my tank, if I push it back, it shadows the front (where there are no plants anyway), and lights more from the back (which is a really nice effect.

You will find (no matter what lights you have) that your fish look their best in natural or ambient light.

The reflector idea is just a way of getting this effect.

Push your light unit to the back of the tank in the day, and watch your fish in natural light, I love it! 8)

Yeah, I think I would be more concerned with growing plants and so would not be looking to minimize light. I was interested to see wha the fish looked like tough under this unusual use of lighting.

The funny thing is that it was not long ago that people were struggling to get enough light into thier aquariums and now this dude is trying to reduce it. lol

Back