• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Noob’s 60l

Booots

Seedling
Hi,
This is just a journal to help me track changes to this new tank. It’s only a few days old and so far we have:

Tank: TMC Signature 45x45x30

Light: Chihiros LED, 7000K White - 5400 Lumens, double unit with 54x0.5w each

Filter: Hydor Professional 150

Heater: Hydor external Eth 200w

CO2: Extinguisher, CO2Art PRO-SE dual stage regulator, in-line atomiser

Gadgets: Chihiros Doctor 3in1

Substrate: Dennerle Scaper’s Soil
Fertiliser: TNC Complete

Plants:
Hemianthus Callitrichoides 'Cuba'
Hygrophila Pinnatifida
Taxiphyllum 'Taiwan Moss'
Alternanthera Reineckii 'Mini'
Helanthium 'Quadricostatus'
Utricularia Graminifolia
Marsilea Crenata
Eleocharis
Riccardia Chamedryfolia
Rotala 'Green'
Hygrophila Lancea
Ceratopteris Thalictroides
Bacopa 'Compact'
Limnophila Sessiliflora

Tank setup 06/02/19
Photoperiod: 6 Hours/day
CO2: wrong regulator delivered, replaced but by a faulty regulator, replaced again today. Will adjust over the coming few days.
Water: 25Ltr WC with RO + Dennerle Osmose Remineral+ after 5 day, aiming for weekly WC from now on.
Ferts: 5ml/Wk with WC

12/02
Some white filament appearing on most plants
e57be0ca83a3b9d5fc3e259c09b965ec.jpg
64b22bc9a0411b9c4f6ab4b9e2a19937.jpg
cb88a742e64fdc37793b123fbfbd9b9d.jpg
97e28555652327424121e0a57f2259ae.jpg
ce5b1be1ad0761f3144aa16a6ddb51c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

378746802bdf7f3c961d101ab1a44899.jpg

I think I’ve got CO2 sorted for now, just above 2bps (134bpm),
WC on Monday with ferts,
filter cleaned today, and Eheim Substrate Pro added to the filter for no particular reason (had some, and it can’t hurt)

Photoperiod still set for 6 hours, but lights will no longer be dimmed from now on.

Most plants seem to be doing well with good signs of rooting, pearling (I hope it’s not just bubbles of CO2 accumulating on some plants), and small new leaves of brighter colour.

The Utricularia Graminifolia is a pain in the a**! I can’t seem to be able to keep it on the substrate and it just keeps on floating away. I’ve tried pins from JBL but the substrate is too light/loose for that, and I don’t wan to stick lead in the tank to weight the plants down... For now, it’s partly stuck under a small rock but I am not sure how that will unfold.

There is still some white film attached on some plants, not sure what it is, but little algae otherwise... I wait to see what the increase in light does.

I am trying to give it time and not think about what fish/shrimp we’ll be keeping, but that’s harder than I thought! I hate taking things slowly...

Nice start :clap:

Any specific reason why your using RO water?

Think I would be tempted to dose 5ml TNC three times a week, as this would give your tank an eqilvent EI dose and your tank is high tech. Better to have excess ferts than not enough give you plants the best start.
Plus the one dose a week is more for low tech tanks

Nice start :clap:

Any specific reason why your using RO water?

Think I would be tempted to dose 5ml TNC three times a week, as this would give your tank an eqilvent EI dose and your tank is high tech. Better to have excess ferts than not enough give you plants the best start.

Hi,

I need to use RO because my water goes through an softener, and there is no bypass installed...

Interesting comment about the fertilisation schedule! I shall find out a little more about that.

Thanks for your help!

You are spot on! Only had to actually read TNC’s website and it’s there - 3 times per week + 50% WC. Thanks a lot!

Back