• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

a noob tank "RTFM" trigon corner tank

Tons better without the background for sure.

Tank looks good mate, your being way to hard in yourself haha. With the right pruning and growth here n there could be a really reeeeally nice tank

Bags of potential

8420691995_098b453a92_b.jpg

8420695701_1fe6f720a8_b.jpg

8420697645_5dfb00b9a0_b.jpg

bit of a prune

bugger my grobeam 1000 has somehow filled with water...
all of the leds have failed
it has never been submersed
really gutted I am going to send it back to TMC

Have you fitted it under the rear Juwel panel/flap? I'm wondering if these lights are designed to have the heat sink area out of where condensation can be - maybe someone else can advise, I've only just fitted a tile to the rear panel myself this week, experimenting at the moment.... I don't really want to damage it though if the heat sink can't cope with the condensation :(

Have you fitted it under the rear Juwel panel/flap? I'm wondering if these lights are designed to have the heat sink area out of where condensation can be - maybe someone else can advise, I've only just fitted a tile to the rear panel myself this week, experimenting at the moment.... I don't really want to damage it though if the heat sink can't cope with the condensation :(
that is exactly where I had it. I would be careful I think the condensation dripped down into the unit.

I am hoping that TMC will be kind and replace it...

8468300175_9f2c21a541_b.jpg

added lots of blyxa today which is looking a bit scruffy as you would expect there is a marked contrast in green between the new bits and the stuff that has been there a while.

starting to feel a little bit more settled with this tank.

I feel that perhaps some wood on the right might balance things up a bit

and perhaps some long frond type plants at the back and sides might work

all suggestions comments etc welcome

Hi Jim.
8468300175_9f2c21a541_b.jpg

I feel that perhaps some wood on the right might balance things up a bit

all suggestions comments etc welcome
Is the wood you have one piece or several pieces? It looks like several pieces (maybe 3 or more) from the images and video. Could you not just split them up more and position them to add more balance to the scape? I'd maybe try leaving the 2 shorter pieces where they are and use the longest branch to maybe reach the opposing way towards the right of the tank?
Some taller stems at the rear would add an extra depth, and would finish things off nicely. Maybe something with a red tone as a feature plant, maybe hygrophila pinnatifida which has an interesting leaf formation, is a nice red/brown colour which will work well with your current plants and wood.....just a suggestion, but you could try any stem you like the look of, I think it will definitely add to your scape.
It's looking really nice.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back