• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

a noob tank "RTFM" trigon corner tank

Re: a noob tank "RTFM"

8077957144_4b59ed4b9c_b.jpg

Hi Jim, I'd say that drop checker is more towards the blue side.. You need a bit more co2 in - mines veering more to yellow sometimes. Aim for bright lime green. :thumbup:

8113749436_dd019e997d_b.jpg

8113790789_5e8b0a2b78_b.jpg

several additions swords at the back and Limnophila sessiliflora behind the big stone

my lights stopped working so I have replaced them with led (TMC grobeams)

i have added a spray bar which has seemed to help the flow

and I have moved the ceramic diffuser below the inlet and I have been able to turn down the CO2 and the dropchecker is now much more green

Starting to bush out well. Bit intrigued bout how your going to use that above space. Can see you eventually just going all out for a jungle style tank. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Attach the wood to something heavy ie stone or slate. I'm peed off with the number of times my wood has moved because I've snagged it when doing maintenance and It never goes back to quite the same place. I got some nano redmoore root(for my 16l) from thegreenmachine and have tied it to a heavy piece of slate. I wrapped the slate in a hair net first the tied the wood to the hairnet and then ran some nylon over the top of the hair net to tighten it all down. I then covered with the substrate. Now when I knock it it has some movement but goes back to its normal postion. Now I just have to do the same with the wood in my other tank but will have to wait as there is root tabs in the substate and I'm scared of disturbing them!

Well the hairnet and slate are completely covered in substrate.
imag0582q.jpg

Back