• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

a noob tank "RTFM" trigon corner tank

Re: a noob tank "RTFM"

the filter seems almost too strong for the tank

all of the substrate at the front of the tank is being pushed backwards and exposing the roots of the hair grass...

also all of my plants are covered in a fine black dust which appears to be disturbed substrate.

on a more positive note I have put in fish from my old tank
3 rummynose
3 black neon
2 corys
3 ottos
2 platys

they are all very happy and enjoying their new home.

Re: a noob tank "RTFM"

8162275184_9e5322cd44_b.jpg

the rummynose are really much happier in this tank...

the platy that was chasing them has found a plant to hide behind and sulk at the loss of his plastic castle

8374446780_5dae33d19a_b.jpg

minor rescape

now it seems to work better with the spray bar rather than jet for me.

I know that other trigon owners (gary) have used the jet outlet successfully but I seem to get alot of uprooting plants with that.

not really happy with the scape as it stands but will keep with it for a while till I get the energy to overhaul completely

I agree with Paulo, that the scape needs a bit more height, the plants that you have look nice and healthy so well done mate... Trigons are hard at the best of times, so getting the flow correct and plants healthy is a great achievement.

I must say, with the utmost respect to everyone who uses them, I'm not a fan of the opaque backgrounds as they seem difficult to apply perfectly and often end up with air bubbles which give a less appealing result than without it!
For me personally I much prefer your tank without the backing, it has a much greater depth, looks more crisp and your equipment in the photo is almost invisible now too!
Reflections are a slight issue, but you could experiment with some matt black, blue or white card behind the tank if your unsure of having no background. Looking at your photo I think a dark background would suit best.
Really nice scape, I also like the wood raised.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back