• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A place for Corydoras

How long you away for?

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

1 week from Monday to Monday, so thought dose as normal on Sunday, then make up some bottles for neighbour to pour in for each day from Monday to Thursday. Thinking should we do water change when we get back or keep dosing for the second week as per routing and do the water change the following Sunday, so effectively going 2 weeks between wc?

Also seem to notice that water is not as clear, it looks more of yellow by the end of the week and after water change all looks clear again. Is this normal?

Maybe just tannin leaching out from you wood. Ok if you can get a neighbour to look after the tank but to be honest one week isn't going to make much of a difference. I haven't dosed for nearly two week before and I can't say I noticed much of a difference when I got back which threw all my previous hard work into question of how obsessive I should actually be about my routine. If I were away for a week I would just do a decent WC, trim the plants down and dose a bit more macros in than usual after WC then put the micros in just before I left as the micros tend to get used quicker. An EI dose is 2 days worth plus some so enough for 2 days at max light so you could say the tanks only going to a few more days without dosing and the fish waste will help that way. If you really want to edge your bets knock some time off the lighting as well.

Seems that Bandit cories are very illusive, as I called my local fish shops again yesterday and still no Corrydoras metae, so none since I started this tank 2 months ago :(. WHERE ARE YOU CORIES :arghh:

Seems these things are seasonal from what I have heard, so does that mean they are not farmed but are caught from the wild?

The plants still seem to be struggling, the Hygrophila mini is melting way in the foreground and the repens now has some small leaves on the stalks, but its not growing very fast (looked the same for a a few weeks now).

Could I be dosing too much?

A quick update, still not getting any growth from the Hygrophila mini, its just about hanging on with a few leaves left :( Maybe these plants dont like water at 11 dGH?

Having a few issues with what I think it's BBA, can someone confirm from the photo attached please?

If it is I've read that easy carbo is a good way to kill it.
15045552891260.jpg

Not really to clear from the pic but spot dosing with liquid carbon with the filter off for 10 min so the carbon stays in the local area ussually does the trick.It will turn red or grey when it is dieing off.

Thanks, its seems to be on the edge of most leaves in the tank, even the leaves in strong flow.

Ok i had this in the last tank for a while. Try the Easy life Algexit.Takes a while to work because you dose it weekly but might do the trick.There is the one two punch method using h2o2 then liquid carbon but i wouldnt recommend this as there is a good chance of killing the good bacteria in your tank as well as the algea.
I found cleaning the filter and pipes monthly helps too.

Thanks,

I've read the BBA threads on here before and it appears to be a maintenance issue mostly. We have Armano shrimps in the tank so I think I need to be careful with easycarbo

Back