• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A red carpet plant? Dream come true?

DutchMuch

I have declared Rotala H'ra is the red-dest carpet plant ive grown lol.

Its very pretty as well, i have a street of it now going from in between the DBT i have trailing back "into the woods" its very cool :)

however its also very invasive so i gotta trim it alot, today i just plucked about a handful of it from all over the tank haha rotala sp. likes to spread horizontally i find...!

Anyway if You decide to do a iwagumi with only a red carpet, definitely do a rotala h'ra carpet.

Speaking of, anyone know of someone who has done this? a red iwagumi?
hmmm....

@alto not just an all red tank but specifically an iwagumi i mean haha i think it would look very cool. Im aware many many people have done red scapes, its actually a aquascaping category but i forget the name.

I nominate you :D

I can’t do an Iwagumi for anything - every attempt ends up with added stem plants “ just for now” ... and then it’s a jungle :oops:

Green Aqua was intending a new red dominated scape (oranges actually) but found plant sourcing a challenge, several of the plant species were no longer listed with Tropica, Dennerle etc

i dont understand why red scapes are so underrated... On camera they usually aren't as amazing as they are in person. Honestly, with how old this hobby currently is im surprised not more people have done it or at the least asked about them! lol. Eventually when i do my iwagumi i may do that, just cause why not :)

I would love to see green aqua with their guru skills do a red/orange scape. That would be a result im inclined to see!

Saw another red carpet the other day:

C84810B6-96B6-4F25-A2D4-B0FCA8D29763.jpeg

Photo credit Roberto Bielli.

Plant used: alternanthera reineckii mini :thumbup:

Saw another red carpet the other day:

Photo credit Roberto Bielli.

Plant used: alternanthera reineckii mini :thumbup:
oh that looks nice, however im not a HUGE fan of the thickness of the AR, but it is AR and thats pretty much as short as it gets haha

i rate it a solid 9/10 though. Looks great :)

Back